What's everyone think about the LG Optimus 2X?

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, I know LG doesn't have many Android phones Optimus, Ally, and maybe a couple others I can't think of. What has been their track record on updates? We know HTC and Motorola have been pretty good while Sony and Samsung have not had the best track record on releasing updates. (Yes, I know it isn't entirely on the manufacturer as the carrier has some to do with the updates as well)

BlackPrince310

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Looks great. However its hard for me to play action games on a smartphone because the screens are so small. Would work great on a tablet.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

teleknEsis

May 7, 2010
Visit site
1500ma. I'm not sure if the efficiency of tegra 2 but it doesn't seem like enough. Dual 1ghz cores? Look at the battery life of a single 1ghz proc. My guess us you'll get AT MOST 75% of that battery life. So if you get 12 hours now expect 9.

Sent from my myTouch 4G

Precisely. You dont know enough so dont make ridiculously naive statements. Nvidia has done an entire write-up on the power benefits of the Tegra2 explaining how dual cores actually SAVES battery because both cores can run at lower speeds. I own the G-tablet which has Tegra2 and i get 3 full days of use out of 1 charge. Im a firm believer in Tegra2 which makes me even more excited about the Optimus 2x.

Taylor over at androidandme.com did a whole article on Tegra2 a month or two ago. Check it out

voghan

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
This phone looks good but I'm going to wait and see about the dual processors. I just don't need that kind of power in a phone.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

BlackPrince310

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Precisely. You dont know enough so dont make ridiculously naive statements. Nvidia has done an entire write-up on the power benefits of the Tegra2 explaining how dual cores actually SAVES battery because both cores can run at lower speeds. I own the G-tablet which has Tegra2 and i get 3 full days of use out of 1 charge. Im a firm believer in Tegra2 which makes me even more excited about the Optimus 2x.

Taylor over at androidandme.com did a whole article on Tegra2 a month or two ago. Check it out

That's not even the name of the tablet. Don't spread bull**** there's no way you could have it.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, I know LG doesn't have many Android phones Optimus, Ally, and maybe a couple others I can't think of. What has been their track record on updates?

i had a update when i first got my phone then nothing else. i haven't got the 2.3 update if that's your question. I'm sure that will be awhile. Otherwise they don't really put too many out. i haven't had the phone for that long so I can't say too much.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana