Hi I'm new to android which is better Galaxy nexus or Galaxy S II

marchell

May 30, 2012
Visit site
Firstly is there a working upgrade to ICS on the Galaxy S II. I'm switching from blackberry and I really can't decide between the Galaxy S II and the Galaxy Nexus, the international versions. Please can anyone shed some light on my situation.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Re: Hi I'm new to android which is better Galaxy nexus or Galaxy

Welcome! Those two devices have been out for a long time, might I recommend hitting the forums for some crazy in depth info on both?

bamsbabe41

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site

I had both and say the s2 is far better, i actually hated the nexus to be honest.

ajonesma

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central :)

Galaxy Nexus is newer and stock Android. But the Galaxy SIII is the best on the market (not the Galaxy SII)

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
As some of the other posters were trying to say is the two devices may both be Android devices, but they tend to act two different ways.

The Nexus is Google's flagship phone, with the "pure Google experience" built in. That means that it is what is referred to as a vanilla Android OS with no carrier software or manufacturer interfaces. The Nexus is also supported for updates from Google itself. The Nexus is on ICS 4.0.4 now, i believe, and will be getting 4.1 jelly bean in the near future.

As for the Galaxy SII, even though it is around 8 months old, it is still a capable device. It does run Samsung's TouchWiz interface and has carrier apps installed. It did just receive the 4.0.3 ICS upgrade recently, showing that the device still has some value. I have one that i don't use any more due to i upgraded to the Galaxy Note, as i like the 5" screen size. If not for that, the Galaxy sII would still be in my pocket.

As mentioned, the Galaxy SIII was pre sold and customers are now getting them in the mail. Carriers are saying that if you didn't pre order one, you will have to wait at least a week or more to find one in the stores, as well as pay $300 for one on contract.

If you are on a budget, you can find the Nexus or SII for $100 or lower on contract. Last i looked, at&t had the GSII for free and i have seen the Nexus for around $50 on sale.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

lawrencejennifer611

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site

smiler.gif

Galaxy™ Nexus™ is the world's first phone with a 4.65" high-definition Super AMOLED display, making text, photos, videos and games look crisp, vibrant and rich. With 1280x720 HD resolution, videos look amazing and the unique Contour Display curves nicely to the shape of your face and makes it easier to hold.