How to get rid of stuff at the top of every page load?

petern23

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
It says I should introduce myself. Here it is. I want to find out more about my phone. That's why I'm here and that's why I registered.

How do I get rid of all this garbage above the fold on every page? I don't care who was most viewed/thanked/whatever or what's popular. My laptop is only 768 vertical resolution.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to AC.

The area your speaking about is the header area on the forums. There is no option in regular full desktop version mod to disable/collapse this.. You do have the option of switching to Mobile view or using the AC Forum App/Tapatalk to view the forums if this is a big problem for you.

The option to switch from full desktop to mobile is at the bottom left side of the page just past the last post...

If have included a screen shot below so you can find it easier...

Attachments

• How to get rid of stuff at the top of every page load - Mozilla Firefox_2012-09-30_15-31-05.png
    How to get rid of stuff at the top of every page load - Mozilla Firefox_2012-09-30_15-31-05.png
    75.2 KB · Views: 8

petern23

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the response. This seems like a great forum, but scrolling to find the content irks me. From a usability standpoint, the page should sort of go like this from top-to-bottom:

Mobile Nations Header
Android Central Header
Banner Ad
Breadcrumb trail
Forums Header
Content

Items I that should be collapsed/horizontally tiled in the forum header: My posts/my threads/subscribed etc.
Items that I'm not sure most people care enough about to be taking up so much space: social/popular forums/most viewed/top posters/top thanked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress