Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default My name is Bob and I'm a droid-aholic....

I've actually belonged to several Android based forums, but really found no use for them after last year. I'm not really one to root my device, as I did that with my Thunderbolt and found nothing really special about a rooted phone (except maybe better options for tethering). Then moved onto a Rezound after the Thunderbolt started giving me numerous issues. Fast-forward to last week and my Rezound's screen broke on me.

Today I'm a proud owner of a Galaxy Note 3. Figure I probably need to get some new resources on it and thought this forum may provide me with all the information I need. Oh and while I'm a newblet to this place, I'm not a newblet to online forums, and I'm a bit of a smartarze....

Global Posts
    6,758 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Default Re: My name is Bob and I'm a droid-aholic....

Welcome to Android Central, if you have any questions feel free to ask

Posted via Android Central App
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

[in unison] Hi Bob!

Welcome to Android Central!
    UJ95x likes this.

Global Posts
    17,687 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by TXGTOU View Post
    I've actually belonged to several Android based forums, but really found no use for them after last year. I'm not really one to root my device, as I did that with my Thunderbolt and found nothing really special about a rooted phone (except maybe better options for tethering). Then moved onto a Rezound after the Thunderbolt started giving me numerous issues. Fast-forward to last week and my Rezound's screen broke on me.

Today I'm a proud owner of a Galaxy Note 3. Figure I probably need to get some new resources on it and thought this forum may provide me with all the information I need. Oh and while I'm a newblet to this place, I'm not a newblet to online forums, and I'm a bit of a smartarze....
    Welcome to the forums.
    Rooting still has a place, Android has just incorporated what you used to need to root for in the stock OS.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here