Need help choosing used droid phone

russf22

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Hello All,

I am a vzw user who is not eligible to upgrade until December of this year. I got the pre plus in December of '09. It cost me nothing with a 2 year contract, and vzw was offering free mobile hotspot. All was well until last October when I dropped it for the last time and the touch screen died.

I had to revert back to my old Samsung Omnia (try not to laugh TOO hard....)

I just learned today (on my birthday no less) that I will not be getting any sort of early upgrade and will have to wait until December too upgrade (thanks big red)

I am tired of dealing with the Omnia, and do not want to wait until December to join the Droid Army.

I am looking to buy something used to get me by until December.....

I am:

- willing to spend $200-250
- wanting a phone that is very root friendly
- not needing a phone that is global
- thinking about either an X or d2, but willing to consider other phones as well

Any suggestions on what to get and where to get a good deal are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

-Russ

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to A/C.

Check craigslist or ebay since all Android phones are above $500 for full retail price.

Between the X and the D2, I would say it's up to the user. If you want a keyboard then D2 but if not then DX.

SUB-dawg

Nexus Lover
Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to AC! I would have to recommend the HTC Thunderbolt. It is very easy to use with HTC Sense and very hacker friendly.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
OP would have to wait until December this year for that. TB is like $700 for retail, he/she cannot upgrade until Dec so it would be full price.

Ronindan

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
How about a used Droid Incredible. I am sure there will be some for sale since the arrival of the Thunderbolt. ;)

john_v

Q&A Team
Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Hey Russ, can't give you any advice on a verizon phone, but I can say welcome to android central, and Happy Birthday (it's mine today as well!)

russf22

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the help everyone,

I will probably be bidding on HTC Incredibles soon and hoping for the best....

Hopefully I will be joining the club soon.

Enjoy!!

-Russ

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to AC! You if your looking for a good temp phone, you might look at getting an OG Droid. Very root friendly and prob get one for a good price.

highjakker

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
as an X user i'm a little biased but it's a great phone. did you try to pull the old "well i'll just cancel early" trick on VZW? sometimes they'll let you renew.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to AC... the X and D2 are still great phones. I prefer the X only because I do not like physical keyboards... either way, you can't go wrong... enjoy the forums..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress