Jul 4, 2017
Visit site
I am new to Samsing watches. I'm basically looking for a watch that will:

Notify me of emails, text messages and calls;

Have GPS

Able to use Google Pay;

Have vibrating notifications

Oh, and tell the time

Will the Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 classic do this or do I need to get the Watch 5? I will be pairing it with a Samsung Galaxy phone.

Thanks

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Either option will have your list of needs and then some! In terms of specs, there isn't much that changed between the 4 and the 5, but obviously the 5 will offer things like better battery life and at least one more year of updates than the 4 (although for watches this gap is a lot smaller than for phones).

Reactions: tismydroid

jbjtkbw007

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
I had a Galaxy Watch 3 until April. Pulled the plug on the Watch 5 Pro, and then they go and announce the Watch 6 will debut the return of the rotating bezel. Looks like I'll be upgrading again next year.

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I had a Galaxy Watch 3 until April. Pulled the plug on the Watch 5 Pro, and then they go and announce the Watch 6 will debut the return of the rotating bezel. Looks like I'll be upgrading again next year.
GPS on my 4 Classic stopped working and I almost pulled the trigger on the 5 Pro but was reluctant due to no rotating bezel (actually thought about getting another 4 classic). Glad I didn't get either but I'm even happier to hear that the rotating bezel will return with the 6!

Reactions: jbjtkbw007

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Watch 4 is the choice. Does everything that watch 5 does, with the caveat of worse battery life. Fantastic deals pop up every few weeks. I'll bet there will be some great ones on Prime day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174