Hello Everybody, First Time Android user here. (PS I Have a few questions..)

Jeri9090

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Well first off I'd like to say Hi to everybody. My name is Jeri, I'm a first time android user (I like to think of myself as an Androidette lol), and I'm SUPER EXCITED to be here on the forums with you all :D

I just got my android (a myTouch 4G) about a month ago. I love it! I'm having so much fun with it. Its so fascinating to me so far lol.

Well, to start out with, I had a few questions that I hope someone can help me out with. I'm with T-Mobile. I got a Samsung Highlight a year ago, and I signed a two year contract with T-Mobile. Well, I'm a pretty big texter, and the phone wasnt the best for texting. So I went on this classified site around my area, and I found someone selling a one month old myTouch 4G for sale. I bought it, and I replaced my Highlight with the myTouch. I am absolutely in love with it. However, I just been gradually noticing that one of the buttons on the phone seems to "stick". And its growing quite annoying. It hasnt affected the phone at all, its just pretty annoying to deal with, and I'm kind of paranoid that perhaps it might give my phone issues later down the line.

Well, the phone has the 1 year manufacturer's warranty on it from HTC, and I was wondering if anybody knows if I would be able to do the manufacturer's warranty? Even though I wasnt the original buyer of the phone? And does anybody think that button can be fixed? The person I bought it from said the phone has never been dropped (and i believe it. The phone looks very pristine) and never abused in any way. They just had to sell it because they were switching to verizon. So, I believe the button that "sticks" is defective, and wasnt inflicted by anybody.

Anyway, I'm sorry for the long novel (hope it made sense, and I hope I was clear). If anybody can help me out with my questions, I'd TOTALLY appreciate it. And once again, I'm so very happy to be here :)

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi Jeri9090,
Welcome on board. As for as I know - The manufacture warranty should be able to assist you in fixing the button issue. It doesn't matter if you are the original owner or not. The representative will asked you for a few (important numbers) on the device for proof of purchase.

Good luck - and enjoy the forum.

Reactions: Jeri9090

Jeri9090

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Thank you, rushrl. For the welcome, and the advice. :)

I wonder if they will ask for a reciept or proof of purchase. I guess I'll find out. Thanks again.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Their job is to lend assistance to customers, and to make sure the device is still covered under warranty. Anything else is irrelevant. Your good to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith