SMS from Verizon iPhone 4 error

jmchatton

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm using an HTC One X (AT&T) and my friend uses an iPhone 4 (Verizon). Sometimes, when he sends me text messages that are over the limit that one SMS can hold, I receive a piece of the message attached to the other half of a different SMS, usually from weeks ago, that was also a part of a longer message. I'm assuming this has something to do with how CDMA handles SMS, and how it has to split up longer messages into multiple ones and send them individually because of a character limit; I think what's happening is when it breaks up the SMS, it just sends the wrong pieces. I'm not really sure how to fix this, but I think I've at least found the source of the problem. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Kinda weird, this doesn't happen when my friends send me texts from iphones. Have you tried a different sms app like go sms? That would be my recommendation, and then disable the stock sms app. I highly doubt it's the iPhone that's causing it, Apple usually irons out problems pretty quickly

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app

jmchatton

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
You think it's the stock SMS app causing the problems? I haven't tried a different one, I'll do that and see if anything changes. And I didn't think it was the iPhone causing the problems, I thought it might be something with Verizon causing it.

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
That's also a possibility, but unlikely. I've only seen problems with texting occur with sprint (no offense to them) and Verizon is such a big company I doubt they would have a problem like that. Try a different sms app and see if that works

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app