Just noticed Verizon is going to be carrying the iPhone 4...

ecksit

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I currently have the Droid Incredible but was planning on getting an upgrade once the Bionic or Thunderbolt arrives. I just noticed today that Verizon is starting to carry the iPhone on Feb 10. Now I've always been an iPhone hater and loved android, but now that its actually available to me.... I'm kinda tempted!

What do you guys think? Is the iPhone even worth it? Should I stick with an Android device? The only thing I would be worried about is if the iPhone can tether, if not, it would lose a lot of its usefulness for me.

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm going with the Bionic (from BlackBerry). I don't like the look or iPhone nor how it functions. I've used my parents. It's very user friendly, but not as able to be customized.

The screen is smaller than Bionic too. No LED light either.

Last edited:

menschmaschine5

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Try the iphone out before making a decision. I will be telling the following to any friends who plan to get the Verizon iphone (whether they're switching from Android or not):

-The iphone 4 is a 7 month old device. The Verizon iphone is just an iphone 4 with a CDMA chip. $2-300 is an awful lot to spend on an outdated phone.
-There will probably be a new iphone released in June. Apple may have programs like a $200 credit for anyone with an iphone 4 who wants to upgrade, but you'll still have to pay between $450-600 for a new phone, since you won't be eligible for a contract upgrade.
-The 4G Android devices are superior in almost every way to the iphone. Larger screens, better processors, more RAM, some dual-core, removable storage (and more potential storage capacity) and 4G capability really make the iphone seem primitive.

Now for you:
-IOS is much more closed than Android. Not nearly as much freedom or customization potential. People jailbreak their iphones so that they can do what Android phones can do out of the box.
-Verizon has done away with annual upgrades and the New Every 2 program. This means you'll be stuck with the iphone for the next 2 years unless you pay full retail price for another phone (which for Android phones is usually around $600).
-Yes, there will be tethering functionality and wifi tether, but you will have to pay extra, and unlike Android, there is probably no way to circumvent that fee.

If you really want the iphone, go ahead and get it, but if you get it to satisfy some curiosity or a mild temptation, you may regret it when you're stuck with that thing for 2 years.

Limjelo

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm going with the Bionic (from BlackBerry). I don't like the look or iPhone nor how it functions. I've used my parents. It's very user friendly, but not as able to be customized.

The screen is smaller than Bionic too. No LED light either.

Blackberry?

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I currently have the Droid Incredible but was planning on getting an upgrade once the Bionic or Thunderbolt arrives. I just noticed today that Verizon is starting to carry the iPhone on Feb 10. Now I've always been an iPhone hater and loved android, but now that its actually available to me.... I'm kinda tempted!

What do you guys think? Is the iPhone even worth it? Should I stick with an Android device? The only thing I would be worried about is if the iPhone can tether, if not, it would lose a lot of its usefulness for me.

Going to am iphone isn't an upgrade, it's a downgrade!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
To be honest I hate using my wife's iPod touch but my three year old has the touch 4g and he can operate it. There is something to be said about the simplicity of the OS.

Sent from my HTC Incredible using tapatalk

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
The better choice would be to stick with Android. I'm sure by now you must have read that the IPhone isn't as open like Android. The choice is easy... choose android.

twizler3

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Don't go with Android

I've had a Droid and Galaxy S both on Verizon and I'm proud to say on Febuary 10th I can finally ditch Android for iPhone. People here are going to tell you that Android is more open blah blah but the truth is that the average consumer isn't going to care about changing the software on the phone. There's a reason you can't change the software on an iPhone, you'll never want to! iPhone is so much more well built and polished than Android, just compare the two side by side, iPhone will give you a much more smooth customer friendly experience while Android at times can give you a headache. If its anything from the apps (which are much more functional and polished for a lower price) or the web browser (Apple Safari is the most advanced mobile web browser in the world) or just the basic functionality iPhone tops Android in every way.

The only reason Android has dome so well is because Verizon customers like me had no choice but to go with Android, but now that I and many have a choice of a superior device (iPhone) we will see Android really compete with iOS. And I don't think it'll be pretty for Android

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
It depends on if you like the Iphone or not. It's a fine phone. They have the experience down to a t, but their notifications are a little lacking.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I've had a Droid and Galaxy S both on Verizon and I'm proud to say on Febuary 10th I can finally ditch Android for iPhone. People here are going to tell you that Android is more open blah blah but the truth is that the average consumer isn't going to care about changing the software on the phone. There's a reason you can't change the software on an iPhone, you'll never want to! iPhone is so much more well built and polished than Android, just compare the two side by side, iPhone will give you a much more smooth customer friendly experience while Android at times can give you a headache. If its anything from the apps (which are much more functional and polished for a lower price) or the web browser (Apple Safari is the most advanced mobile web browser in the world) or just the basic functionality iPhone tops Android in every way.

The only reason Android has dome so well is because Verizon customers like me had no choice but to go with Android, but now that I and many have a choice of a superior device (iPhone) we will see Android really compete with iOS. And I don't think it'll be pretty for Android

That's a load of bull.

Anything you can do on an iphone you can do on android, but the reverse isn't true.

Iphone is behind the curve on release day!

They didn't even get video until the 3gs!

While android has surpassed apple in quality, functionality, price, screen sizes, phone size, android is easily a better choice.

Don't get me stayed on their pos keyboard either!

Those tiny little screens suck for typing!

But go ahead, downgrade to an iphone, a phone you can't change at all and you have to void your warranty to make it a good phone.

Common sense places android over iphone easily

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Chris_Lohnes

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Ok I have a question that needs to be answered asap please.
I have a droid x.
If i have an unlimited data package with verizon for my droid x, can I buy an iphone 4 and have it activated on my line with no additional fees? they are both 3g phones, but im just trying to make sure.
I dont wanna get surprised with additional fees, so im just wondering if switching to an i4 from my droid x be totally free as if im switching from a droid to another droid using the *228 method.

and another question, do we have to activate it on itunes first and then do *228? and if we do have to activate it through itunes first, is there anything we have to type in or is it just click this and that, accept terms and your good to call *228?
PLEASE help. Ive had no help with this:)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87