HELP! my text keyboard opend other apps

smatbrat

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi

When I text with the slide keyboard it opens either the browser or my gmail. Im not sure if there is a certain letter on the key board . When typing testing, the g makes my gmail open. the B opens my browser.
did a short cut get put there?

and how do I fix it!?

thank you

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm not familiar with that keyboard, but would suggest looking through the settings and see if there is a shortcut that allows you to do this with a long press.

If that doesn't work try going into the applications settings (via manage applications) and force stop SlideIt. Reboot and see if that clears up the problem. I took a quick look through the Slide It page and didn't see anything that describes this -- although you can assign shortcuts it doesn't seem to have the ability to launch apps (unless I missed something). Perhaps someone with more experience with this Keyboard can chime in.

drose#WN

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same issue - suddenly my bt keyboard launches apps when I type several commonly used letter keys. It worked flawlessly for months, and I'm not aware of any related settings. Would appreciate any ideas...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2