Physical Keyboard

cjb44

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking at switching from my old Blackberry to an Android phone, but I don't want to go without a physical keyboard. Can someone recommend a good keyboard attachment for any Droid? (Well the good ones). I've seen some decent ones for the Iphone but I'd rather stick with a dinosaur from Blackberry than go to than Iphone.

And in case you are wondering, no I've tried virtual keyboard, and for large work emails there's just too many errors.

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking at switching from my old Blackberry to an Android phone, but I don't want to go without a physical keyboard. Can someone recommend a good keyboard attachment for any Droid? (Well the good ones). I've seen some decent ones for the Iphone but I'd rather stick with a dinosaur from Blackberry than go to than Iphone.

And in case you are wondering, no I've tried virtual keyboard, and for large work emails there's just too many errors.

The cool thing about Android is choice. There are a number of Android phones with physical keyboards. If you're on Verizon, many of the Droid line by Motorola have physical keyboards. Outside of that, most of the phone with physical keyboards are lower-end entry-level phones, which is a shame because a lot of users say they's like a physical keyoard in a top of the line phone.

You asked for "a good keyboard attachment for any Droid." Since many of the Droid phones have keyboards, I assume you mean "Android" not "Droid". (Android refers to all Android phones. "Droid" is a line of motorola phones on Verizon, similar to "Evo" being a line of HTC phones on Sprint.) Also, I'm not sure what you mean by attachment. There are a lot of universal bluetooth keyboards available.

cjb44

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I use Droid for Android alot, like a lot people say Jeep for any SUV.

For attachment I meant a good fitting keyboard case or bluetooth keyboard. One that will attach to a particular phone since I"m still shopping around.

Stitches11

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I have had his phone for a week, going from a BB Torch. Oh how I miss a physical keyboard. I would also like a recommendation because I will definitely be getting one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I577 using Android Central Forums

swiedom

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I am in the same boat as this guy. Currently have a blackberry torch and want to go back to the physical keyboard. Unfortunately there don't seem to be good options on the android front. Anything coming up?

Areplat

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
virtual-laser-keyboard-for-ipad-iphone_buzz.jpg

How about this?

FuzzyB

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I am in the same boat as this guy. Currently have a blackberry torch and want to go back to the physical keyboard. Unfortunately there don't seem to be good options on the android front. Anything coming up?

Wait it out for BB10. The keyboard device looks nice.

whymista

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I have the photon q 4GLTE and it has a full five row keyboard.

I used to have an 8830,8330,and the 9530 and outside of a few issues the physical keyboard is good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non