Lenovo Thinkpad tablet won't boot

amca01

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I have a ThinkPad tablet (running Android 4.0.3), which I bought in September 2012. So it's only a few months old. However, just today it's not booting. When I turn it on, it shows the "lenovo" sign in the centre of the screen... and that's it. I've tried resetting, and going through the "recovery kernel image" (power button + volume up button), and wiping the cache, but nothing seems to work. I suppose I could try a factory reset, but I don't want to lose all my apps, settings and data. At least, not if I can help it.

Any ideas? I rely on this tablet heavily at work - for meetings - and I'd like to get it up and running again!

Thanks, folks.

-Al

MudDiver

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I have experienced this same exact issue. I have booted into the boot loader menu and attempted a factory reset from there but that did not resolve the problem and it lists errors mounting certain folders. I called Lenovo but from what I gathered it would cost me $175.00 for them to just look at it. I spoke with the reseller that I purchased my tablet from and they said that they are seeing the same problem on most of the tablets they have. I am very disappointed I have always recommended Lenovo and specifically waited for this tablet because I knew it would be tough and well built. The truth turned out to be that I had to have it sent in to have the power switch replaced and the USB port fixed so it would hold the charger (both are apparently common problems with this tablet). Right now I have a $500.00 brick and I believe the problem is hardware related and there isn't anything that can be done to fix it other than sending it in for repair. Mine bricked about 2 weeks after the 1 year Warranty expired.

amca01

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Thankfully a factory reset solved my problems - and gave my tablet a good clean-out in the process! Since most of my data is online anyway, I didn't lose much, and the reset forced me to get rid of all the unwanted accumulated apps and junk. I'l keep an eye open for future issues, though, and hopefully I can keep the table going through this year. Then I might upgrade to something else. As it was, I got it very cheaply - $299 - so it wasn't a huge investment.

-Al