SD Card Issues... Lollipop

Cy Hudson

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
I installed Lollipop on my LG G Pad GPe and had an 8gb SD in the device. Immediately, I got access to writing and reading the SD card. Before cutting/copying and pasting from device to SD card it would ask if I wish to grant permission. Simple as that. Since, I've switched to a 64gb card and have lost all ability to write/rewrite, make folders, cut, paste, etc. Anyone got any ideas?

Posted via Android Central App

sleekmason

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
on the contrary, you must format your SD card to fat32. ExFAT has some problems still. I'm not certain why. The only other answer to your problem would be to make sure that you are rooted and have changed the permissions in /etc /platform/permissions. Go to XDA Developers for more information on rooting, and other optimizations. Regards,

drpy23

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
This worked for me :

Procedure

Note: root required!

Start up your device normally and wait for the system to be fully loaded.Open any files manager of your choice (Root Explorer, ES File Explorer, Total Commander) and make sure it runs with superuser permissions.Mount your system partition as R/W (Read/Write) to perform any changes.Navigate to the*/system/etc/permissions/*folder and look for the*platform.xml.Copy the*platform.xml*file into the same location as*platform.xml.bak*file.Open the*platform.xml*file with any text editor on your device and search for the following*line:

<permission name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" >
<group gid="sdcard_r" />
<group gid="sdcard_rw" />
</permission>

It should look like on the picture below:

Now you need to add a 3rd GID (Group ID):**and you need to make it looks exactly like on the picture below:

<permission name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" >
<group gid="sdcard_r" />
<group gid="sdcard_rw" />
<group gid="media_rw" />
</permission>

Using Root Explorer or any other Files Manager of your choice make sure that the*platform.xml*file has proper permissions: Owner R-W | Group R | Others R (0644 rw-r--r--). You can also use adb shell to set permissions with a*chmod 0644 /system/etc/permissions/platform.xml*command.Reboot your device and enjoy!

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa