Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Default Re: LG G Pad 8.3 Hands-On

And now it's gone.. Weird. Maybe it's heat related? I've been using it for the past hour and there was the faint blue line on the right side of the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by ab2c4 View Post
    This tablet sure is one of two I am considering, along with the Ipad Mini 2. I looked at the Nexus 7 the other day and I realize I really want an 8" tablet. Any sluggishness or lag with this tablet in general? How is internet browsing on it as far as speed and smoothness?

I appreciate the pics someone posted comparing it next to the Note 8.0. The one thing I didn't like about the Note 8 when holding it is the extra width and the LG looks like it will be much more comfortable to hold, as well as thinner than the Ipad mini 2.
    This thing is really nice to hold. I don't notice any lag that isn't unusual. There's always a hint of it around. I was also sightly considering the new iPad Mini, but I really can't stand iOS. Browsing is nice a smooth in Chrome.
    Thanked by:
    ab2c4 
    MrSlippery519 likes this.

Global Posts
    185 Global Posts

I had a Note 8 and a N7-2013at the same time. This tablet is.much clearer than the Note 8 and just as fast as my N7. I wish I could move apps to the sd card, but hopefully that will happen soon. Otherwise, it's exactly what have been looking for...more real estate and snappy performance.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk 4
    Thanked by 2:
    bigcatman likes this.

I'm really hoping development takes off on it, though. I'd really love CM on this thing.

Something tells me this is the only thread that will open up about this tablet lol. I don't care though!

Global Posts
    185 Global Posts

That's ok. Those of us in the know will keep the flame going.

Sent from my LG-V500 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by erwaso View Post
    Something tells me this is the only thread that will open up about this tablet lol. I don't care though!
    Considering this isn't even available in stores yet, I think it's a bit premature. Once it's widely available and the reviews start coming in, it'll gain traction.

Quote Originally Posted by Aredubu View Post
    I had a Note 8 and a N7-2013at the same time. This tablet is.much clearer than the Note 8 and just as fast as my N7. I wish I could move apps to the sd card, but hopefully that will happen soon. Otherwise, it's exactly what have been looking for...more real estate and snappy performance.

So you've used it with an SD card and no option came up to move apps to external card in manage apps?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    Phone: Rooted Droid Razr Maxx; Tablets: Nexus 7.1, Galaxy Note 10.1, Rooted LG G Pad 8.3

Global Posts
    6,219 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

This does seem like a really nice tablet but I've got a Nexus 7 that I'm happy with. I had doubts at first about the Nexus 7 and I've gone through a couple between waffling about whether I liked it and finding one without some issue. The time spent with it has paid off and I'm finally happy...which is an accomplishment. However, this LG is intriguing...I just have no excuse to get it and my luck I'd end up with one with dead pixels or some other imperfection that would drive me crazy.
    Live long and prosper.

Global Posts
    185 Global Posts

Using the file manager I am able to move files to my ad card with no problem. Yea!

Quote Originally Posted by MightyT View Post
    So you've used it with an SD card and no option came up to move apps to external card in manage apps?

Using the file manager I am able to move files to my ad card with no problem. Yea!

I don't know if that's what he meant.

Global Posts
    185 Global Posts

The option did not come up. I opened the file manager to see if I could move Dead Trigger 2 to my sd card. It moved. I deleted it from my internal storage. Then I played the game from my ad card. How's that?

The option did not come up. I opened the file manager to see if I could move Dead Trigger 2 to my sd card. It moved. I deleted it from my internal storage. Then I played the game from my ad card. How's that?

Oh cool. Yeah that's what he meant. Sorry XD

That's good to hear, especially for large games.

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx on Tapatalk.
    Phone: Rooted Droid Razr Maxx; Tablets: Nexus 7.1, Galaxy Note 10.1, Rooted LG G Pad 8.3

How long of continuous use until it gets noticeably hot? And what part of the tablet gets hot?

Global Posts
    185 Global Posts

I work nights and luckily for me, last night was slow. I used it all night downloading my apps, playing Dead Trigger and Riptide GP2 which is pretty graphics intensive. The tablet temp never went above 93 degrees, even when plugged into the charger. The screen felt a little warmer than ambient temperature at times, but nothing ever felt hot or uncomfortable. I will miss wireless charging though, since my G2 has it, but I''ll adapt just.fine. The device is only about a 1/2 wider and 1/2 inch longer than my N7, but feels about the same size.

Thanked by:
    erwaso 

I work nights and luckily for me, last night was slow. I used it all night downloading my apps, playing Dead Trigger and Riptide GP2 which is pretty graphics intensive. The tablet temp never went above 93 degrees, even when plugged into the charger. The screen felt a little warmer than ambient temperature at times, but nothing ever felt hot or uncomfortable. I will miss wireless charging though, since my G2 has it, but I''ll adapt just.fine. The device is only about a 1/2 wider and 1/2 inch longer than my N7, but feels about the same size.

Did you ever see that blue line on the right side of the screen?

Global Posts
    185 Global Posts

No.

Global Posts
    185 Global Posts

This thing is pretty loud too, unlike the G2, and it sounds great for a tablet. I'm going to see if it will read one of my SSD drives through the micro usb port when I get off work in the morning. I have a 120 gb drive that I could use. Will report back.

This thing is pretty loud too, unlike the G2, and it sounds great for a tablet. I'm going to see if it will read one of my SSD drives through the micro usb port when I get off work in the morning. I have a 120 gb drive that I could use. Will report back.

It's extremely loud. Don't know what some reviewers are talking about saying the sound is weak.

Quote Originally Posted by bigcatman View Post
    It's extremely loud. Don't know what some reviewers are talking about saying the sound is weak.
    They may have been reviewing a preproduction software release. Good to hear about the sound, though. Played with a Note 8 at Costco yesterday and hated the speaker placement. Price was good, though $349.00.

I'm really intrigued by this tablet. I'm definitely hoping to get it in White when it comes to Canada

Posted via Android Central App

I'm really eager to get my hands on this tablet. It's supposed to be in the Best Buy on Nov 3 and I want to see it before I buy it. I'm also hoping that somebody (maybe Amazon) will offer it at a lower price or with a rebate. So far, it sounds like a great piece of gear. I was more or less prepped to buy the Nexus 7, but I wasn't really enthusiastic about the size or the wasted screen space. The G Pad seems to hit the sweet spot on screen size and resolution. With any luck, developers will cook up some custom ROMs for it, too.

Unfortunately, there's not much online discussion from actual users about this tablet, so far. It's always good to hear other people's experiences to make sure that there are no design defects, etc., before buying something. You lucky guys who have one, please continue to keep us up to date with what you find out.

How does the back feel? The nice aluminium feel of the HTC One, or more of a plastic feel?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    185 Global Posts

The back is brushed aluminum and feels nice. The device feels rock solid.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast