Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Root available for G Pad?

According to this post over on XDA's forums, they were able to successfully root their LG G Pad 8.3 using Kingo Android Root (google it and you will find the site.)

Even though Kingo Android Root does not list the G Pad as a supported device, are there any owners here willing to try, like the user in the link?

Please post results if you do.
    Phone: Rooted Droid Razr Maxx; Tablets: Nexus 7.1, Galaxy Note 10.1, Rooted LG G Pad 8.3

Default Re: Root available for G Pad?

Saw that too. Interested to know. Confirmed root-ability would be another big plus for this thing.

-Suntan

I ran the benchmark application that someone reported was showing bad performance. My score was 13335. Seemed pretty good. I ran it again later and got a 9599. I haven't had any performance issues, but I have to question either the benchmark or its ability to test the core correctly.

ROM
    DecksGB 1.3, Tiamat 3.3.7

I can confirm, Kingo Root just worked with my G Pad. Woohoo!

Yes, Kingo works!

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

How about posting the steps you took to help others?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    Phone: Rooted Droid Razr Maxx; Tablets: Nexus 7.1, Galaxy Note 10.1, Rooted LG G Pad 8.3
    Haalcyon likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyT View Post
    How about posting the steps you took to help others?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    On your computer, download and install the Kingo Root program from here:

Start up the program and it will tell you exactly what to do.

I haven't used it on my G Pad yet, but I have used it on a few different phones . After using other root methods, Kingo Root is about as simple as it gets.

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible J View Post
    On your computer, download and install the Kingo Root program from here:

Start up the program and it will tell you exactly what to do.

I haven't used it on my G Pad yet, but I have used it on a few different phones . After using other root methods, Kingo Root is about as simple as it gets.
    This is mostly right, here's what I had to do.

1 - Download LG's drivers to your PC under the Software Update tab from LG's . Install the drivers.
    2 - Turn on Developer Mode on your G Pad, System Settings-->About Tablet-->Software information-->Tap Build number 7 times.
    3 - After Developer Mode is enabled, go to System Settings-->Developer options-->and place checkmark next to USB debugging.
    4 - On your PC, go to the , download and install the program.
    5 - Plug your G Pad into your PC via USB cable, run the Kingo Root software and follow the prompts.
    6 - Enjoy your rooted G Pad!
    Thanked by 6:
    Invisible J likes this.

Now I just hope they get Cyanogenmod for this tablet.
    bigcatman likes this.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Broke down and bought one last night. Charged it, and following the steps above rooted this thing right away. Easiest root I've ever done. Thanks again for the step by step. Enjoying this tablet very much.

is there any risk involved in using the Kingo App to root? Is there any possibility of bricking the device during the Kingo root process or is it foolproof? If it could brick the device then isn't it best to wait for a custom recovery?

ROM

There's always a chance of something going wrong whenever you root, but the process used by the Kingo method is pretty foolproof as long as you follow the instructions.
    MightyT likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by oesjmr View Post
    This is mostly right, here's what I had to do.

1 - Download LG's drivers to your PC under the Software Update tab from LG's . Install the drivers.
    2 - Turn on Developer Mode on your G Pad, System Settings-->About Tablet-->Software information-->Tap Build number 7 times.
    3 - After Developer Mode is enabled, go to System Settings-->Developer options-->and place checkmark next to USB debugging.
    4 - On your PC, go to the , download and install the program.
    5 - Plug your G Pad into your PC via USB cable, run the Kingo Root software and follow the prompts.
    6 - Enjoy your rooted G Pad!

u ain't just whistling Dixie.... easiest method ever! thanx for detailed instructions : )

BTC
    Lost In LG Optimus G Pro Heaven, Lvg A Msg, Maybe I'll Call...(doubt it ) lol

Global Posts
    185 Global Posts

Thanks folks.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk 4

Global Posts
    6,219 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Quote Originally Posted by Aredubu View Post
    Thanks folks.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk 4
    Aredubo, thanks for all your posts on the G Pad 8.3. You inspired me to get it and I'm so happy I did. This is really a great device. I also ordered the same case you got from South Korea and I hope it arrives soon. Thanks again for sharing your experiences with this great tablet.
    Live long and prosper.

Thanked by:

Can i ask a question for the people who have rooted their lg g pad with kingpo app? If i have rooted my pad and then perform a factory reset/restore system will it be like new or will it still have the super user binaries that were pushed in the tablet by the kingpo app? As the pad comes with 2 years warranty, i want to know if there is a way to revert the pad back to its factory state if i ever need to return it.

Quote Originally Posted by katsika View Post
    Can i ask a question for the people who have rooted their lg g pad with kingpo app? If i have rooted my pad and then perform a factory reset/restore system will it be like new or will it still have the super user binaries that were pushed in the tablet by the kingpo app? As the pad comes with 2 years warranty, i want to know if there is a way to revert the pad back to its factory state if i ever need to return it.
    You can unroot it with kingo as well as root it =)

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

You can also unroot within the Super SU app.

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx on Tapatalk.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by MightyT View Post
    You can also unroot within the Super SU app.

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx on Tapatalk.
    How can we do that?

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by L1VESTRONG View Post
    How can we do that?
    Open the SuperSu app, go to settings and tap Full Unroot.
    Thanked by 2:

Thnx for your replies, i have one last question plz. If i root it will the tablet perform a factory reset?

Quote Originally Posted by katsika View Post
    Thnx for your replies, i have one last question plz. If i root it will the tablet perform a factory reset?
    No nothing is getting wiped.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

To you guys who have rooted your G Pads, is it possible to use the LG G2 remote app instead of the ridiculous remote that came with the G Pad?
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Quote Originally Posted by SleepingBears View Post
    To you guys who have rooted your G Pads, is it possible to use the LG G2 remote app instead of the ridiculous remote that came with the G Pad?
    No, unless someone has found a work around. There is a separate thread here discussing this.

I'll be honest, I mainly troll this forum as well as others, looking for information that I need at that particular moment. Rarely, if ever, do I post a comment or reply to anything I run across. This time, however, I did feel the need to comment in regards to rooting the AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using two different methods. First...I used the Vega method, which worked, but not without a lengthy set of step-specific instructions and quite a large (over 2gb) file to download. Then...AT&T sent out an OTA update which my phone decided to automatically download and install without my permission. This OTA unrooted my phone as it did to a lot of people. I jumped on here to read about this OTA and saw that several people were talking about rooting with Kingo. This piqued my interest and since I was already planning on re-rooting with Vega and set aside a block of time to do so, I went ahead and downloaded the Kingo file to give it a try and it worked....impressively well. And this is why I'm posting...Kingo was an extremely easy program to root and I didn't lose any information during the process. It was seamless. It's an easy *** user interface that gives you a hand full of instructions (ie: connect phone; click start) and does the rest for you unlike it's rival, Vega, which comes with a laundry list of steps to complete the process. I literally downloaded the file, ran it, plugged my phone in and clicked start...it was that easy. So far, so good. I just wanted to post this so that other people that may look at rooting their phone as a complicated process can know their is a much easier way to do so.

So, to sum it up...both ways can and will root your phone...but Kingo was a breeze.
    Thanked by:
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast