Alright, who's eyeing this bad boy?

Chiplg

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
From a spec standpoint, you may want to hold off then because it seems like Sony could be releasing a phone about the same time that could out-spec the G2.

Sony Honami 20-megapixel camera leaked online | Know Your Mobile

I was all about the G2 until I saw this thing, which on paper seems to match up pretty evenly with LG with the only exception being the camera, which is suppose to blow every smartphone camera out of the water (except for Nokia perhaps). Again, key word being "suppose". We don't know much about the G2 camera yet either.

Both these phone's are set to top the One, X and S4 regardless so I'm excited either way.

I have a full frame D600 for pictures that really matter, and MP beyond 8 are really pointless for a point and shoot. In fact, the Nikon D70 was only 6.2 MP and produced beautiful pictures that could be printed at 11 X14. I'd rather see more lower MP cameras that grab more light per pixel. I like what HTC did with the One. Cell cameras bump the ISO up way to high for my tastes, and that translates into noise. The only thing crazy high MP cameras do is let you crop the image significantly. Pretty much a digital zoom. Having said that, the camera is not a feature that sways me at all. It's just a point and shoot.

I'm not happy about the on screen buttons, and I wonder how often laying it on a table will push the power button. However, It has a big screen and a good CPU. I'll compare it to the Droid Maxx and the One when I can see them all together. The battery and wireless charger of the Maxx still has my interest. I'm very interested in what the reviews will say.

Last edited:

WickedRabbit

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Give me a 32gb Google Edition and I'm in no questions asked. But, if LG is making the Nexus 5, what's the likelihood they also make a Google Edition of a phone?

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I have a full frame D600 for pictures that really matter, and MP beyond 8 are really pointless for a point and shoot. In fact, the Nikon D70 was only 6.2 MP and produced beautiful pictures that could be printed at 11 X14. I'd rather see more lower MP cameras that grab more light per pixel. I like what HTC did with the One. Cell cameras bump the ISO up way to high for my tastes, and that translates into noise. The only thing crazy high MP cameras do is let you crop the image significantly. Pretty much a digital zoom. Having said that, the camera is not a feature that sways me at all. It's just a point and shoot.

I'm not happy about the on screen buttons, and I wonder how often laying it on a table will push the power button. However, It has a big screen and a good CPU. I'll compare it to the Droid Ultra and the One when I can see them all together. The battery and wireless charger of the Ultra still has my interest. I'm very interested in what the reviews will say.

I agree with you completely. I have a Nikon D70 and a Canon G9 both are excellent camera's and I rarely blow up any photo's beyond 8x10 so super mega giga pixels are not required.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Google Edition I suspect is very unlikely, IF they are making the Nexus 5 and IF the Nexus 5 is the G2 minus swappable battery and microSD. Of course it would be nice to see a GPe but I would be happy with a custom ROM like Carbon ROM or an AOSP ROM since they could be the same hardware.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Verizon likely won't say squat until sometime in mid to late September and then it will launch in say October and be dead last in terms of US carriers. They already posted a twit pic with their nasty logos all over it so you know it's coming.

xgman

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm in as soon as Verizon gets it. Wonder the full off contract price on the 32...

(2nd thoughts because of the LG OS implementation)

Last edited:

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Verizon likely won't say squat until sometime in mid to late September and then it will launch in say October and be dead last in terms of US carriers. They already posted a twit pic with their nasty logos all over it so you know it's coming.

I find it so funny when people get mad about Verizon's logo but not anybody else. They all put their logos on them.

Tapatalk mofo

Jules_Winnfield

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
If it's $299 for the 32 GB version, that's a no go from me. The lack of expandable memory is a deal breaker, and it almost seems archaic at this point to offer 16 GB versions of phones with no expandable memory.

Since I'm stuck on Verizon, I might as well just get the HTC One whenever the hell it launches (which I've been waiting to get for months).

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Have you looked at the way they logo their phones, have you seen the GN2 logo on the home button where no other carrier did it. I was a Verizon customer for 16+ years and while I do not like logo's on my phone AT&T's at least looks like the Death Star and I can put a case on it and it's gone. Verizon is all over this like a bad night of hard liquor and the regrets the morning after.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I am expecting $199 on contract, and hopefully $399-449 off contract. The OG Pro was $549 off contract with 32GB + microSD, 5.5" 1080p display etc and it launched a few months ago.

Roundpotato

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site

Do you have a link to this picture so I can puke?

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
For me. it's either this phone or the HTC One.
I have to buy off contract and whatever phone I can get the best off contract deal on.
It looks like all manufacturers are dumping micro-SD support.
Although, depending on carrier and market this phone may have a micro-SD slot.

jaboop

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I haven't heard of this prior!! Omg you saved my life I was going to get the nexus 5...

If we were motivated by money, we would have sold the company a long time ago and ended up on a beach.
-Larry Page

jamie

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
My upgrade isn't due until December 1st. Right now this is the phone I want to buy. I will be tempted though to wait until 2014 to see what Samsung and HTC have in store.

Posted via Android Central App

Jules_Winnfield

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
I am expecting $199 on contract, and hopefully $399-449 off contract. The OG Pro was $549 off contract with 32GB + microSD, 5.5" 1080p display etc and it launched a few months ago.

Possibly $199 for the 16 GB and $249 for the $32 GB, mirroring what the Moto X is being priced at.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress