$199 on contract?

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
If this phone comes out @ $199 on contract.. I don't know how anyone can pick the moto x over it..

Personally I will never buy another Samsung phone in my lifetime, and I doubt I'll ever buy an HTC phone. I am pretty much 100% Motorola but I am just less then impressed that Motorola isn't trying to compete with the big boys as far as specs go..

What's my point of telling you that? Its to inform you that I am actually very bias in favor of Motorola.. but I think this LG phone with its top of the line specs as won me over.

Anyone with experience with LG phones, how close to a stock experience is it?

Last edited:

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
If this phone comes out @ $199 on contract.. I don't know how anyone can pick the moto x over it..

Personally I will never buy another Samsung phone in my lifetime, and I doubt I'll ever buy an HTC phone. I am pretty much 100% Motorola but I am just less then impressed that Motorola isn't trying to compete with the big boys as far as specs go..

What's my point of telling you that? Its to inform you that I am actually very bias in favor of Motorola.. but I think this LG phone with its top of the line specs as won me over.

Anyone with experience with LG phones, how close to a stock experience is it?
Given the price point's LG has taken with their phones, the OG Pro was $549 off contract with 32GB of internal vs GN2 at $649 with 16GB (less than 10GB actual usable space) I can see this phone potentially coming in at the $449-499 range off contract and that to me ladies and gentlemen is a sweet price point.

I know the Moto X has some cool gee whiz features but its going to be late, most of the color stuff can be done with cases or worse yet you put a case and cover up the color you added.

The S800 SoC has the ability built in for always on voice recognition similar to the Moto X, it's up to the OEM's to actually use it and since LG doesn't have something like S-Voice they hopefully will take advantage of it. Here is a quick google search with tons of articles about it. https://www.google.com/search?q=Sna...69i57j69i62l3.8828j0&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

clarker07

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Pictures from evleaks

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1375844277077.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1375844277077.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 85
  • uploadfromtaptalk1375844289507.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1375844289507.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 84

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
While I don't care for the faux carbon fiber back plate its a solid design. Very clean front with no buttons is nice, all on screen when needed and my guess is no 3 dot menu buttons. I will be anxiously awaiting the announcement in 2 hours 39 minutes and for official US launch on AT&T. I will be selling my HTC One Developer Edition once I can confirm a purchase date.

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Given the price point's LG has taken with their phones, the OG Pro was $549 off contract with 32GB of internal vs GN2 at $649 with 16GB (less than 10GB actual usable space) I can see this phone potentially coming in at the $449-499 range off contract and that to me ladies and gentlemen is a sweet price point.

I know the Moto X has some cool gee whiz features but its going to be late, most of the color stuff can be done with cases or worse yet you put a case and cover up the color you added.

The S800 SoC has the ability built in for always on voice recognition similar to the Moto X, it's up to the OEM's to actually use it and since LG doesn't have something like S-Voice they hopefully will take advantage of it. Here is a quick google search with tons of articles about it. https://www.google.com/search?q=Sna...69i57j69i62l3.8828j0&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Not everyone is into super phones... I could easily see tons of people still getting the moto x... Based on size and simplicity alone... For people on this forum.. Yea we see the specs but for others... U would be surprised how many times i hear "oh thats just too much" and the moto speaks well to that consume

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

jwyche007

May 10, 2013
Visit site
The thing is LG always does this, people forget but the Optimus G was way ahead of the pack and when we heard the nexus 4 was based on it we couldn't believe it considering the G was basically a super phone.

Also definitely expect that off contact T-Mobile price to be surprisingly low.

Posted via Android Central App

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Not everyone is into super phones... I could easily see tons of people still getting the moto x... Based on size and simplicity alone... For people on this forum.. Yea we see the specs but for others... U would be surprised how many times i hear "oh thats just too much" and the moto speaks well to that consume

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app
You are right not everyone is into super phones, but when you see the price point is nearly identical within $50 would you get the low end phone or high end phone. Oh wait I can get wood on my phone, no thanks.

mjesheem

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
600 $ for it would be the price I guess. 450-499?? Nope.. No high end flagship devices enter the market with such a low price unless it's a nexus device. And well we can't just expect everyone to price it as a nexus!

Sent from my HTC Desire HD powered by JellyBean 4.2.2

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure the Verizon 32GB version will be $299 on contract. Would be the same as the 32GB Droid Maxx. The Moto X on Verzion will only be 16GB (at least at the start) and it will be $199 on contract.