Testing GRam and Camera

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Hello Ya'll,

So I recently purchased the G2 from Verizon and a few things to note about the new GRam and updated camera with OIS. Maybe it's supposed to stutter/lag in this setting but when I play The Simpsons: Tapped Out, I see a noticeable lag when swiping across my screen in certain areas. It slows down noticeably as if it's struggling to process the graphics. I'll have to try it with more games but that's my 1st impression unfortunately.

For the camera, it seems that any sky or even upward shots with the sun just even slightly in the FOV destroys the picture. The white overtakes the picture and everything seems overexposed. If this is normal for a smartphone camera then no complaints. But just even taking a picture out my window without the sun seems washed out and I can barely make out the trees. The 1080p/60fps recording seems to suffer the same problems as the camera when indoors. The ceiling lights wash out everything and it doesn't even resemble anything close to 1080p. Maybe I have a defective unit?

If anyone else is experience this or I'm over estimating the phone's capabilities, please let me know so I can be content. Thanks in advance.

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, that doesn't sound right at all. I just shot a video of my wife outdoors and the clarity and color were just gorgeous. You can try using the HDR function and see if that helps, but you definitely shouldn't be getting consistently washed out pictures. Also try lowering the exposure with the 'brightness' control and see if that helps. If none of this works, I'd swap it out for another unit.

I should mention that exposure on all of these cellphone cameras can be tricky. They are definitely more prone to blowout with their tiny sensors. So you should be aware of things like the sun protruding into the field of view.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bkeman