Chargers

dontlookatme

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
what happens if i use the charger that came with the phone, and the wireless qi charger? will it cause a loop and blow up/short circuit? or will it charge quicker?

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Not charge quicker with qi. It depends on how the qi is set up from manufacturer. Some like the tylt charge pretty good but they built it into there charger.
what happens if i use the charger that came with the phone, and the wireless qi charger? will it cause a loop and blow up/short circuit? or will it charge quicker?

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk

The_PLBs

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Not charge quicker with qi. It depends on how the qi is set up from manufacturer. Some like the tylt charge pretty good but they built it into there charger.

The TYLT wireless charger is excellent and charges significantly faster than other qi chargers but it's $69. I think it's worth it.

Posted via Android Central App

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
And if u buy from vzw and a have a accessory discount in my case 25% it makes it less painful.
The TYLT wireless charger is excellent and charges significantly faster than other qi chargers but it's $69. I think it's worth it.

Posted via Android Central App

lakaw

May 5, 2011
Visit site
And if u buy from vzw and a have a accessory discount in my case 25% it makes it less painful.

I have the 25% discount, but the discount doesn't show up for any of the inductive chargers.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Call vzw customer service. They'll credit your account. That's what I had to do.
I have the 25% discount, but the discount doesn't show up for any of the inductive chargers.

ulrich6

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Here is an internal email a friend of mine at Verizon received :

Good Morning,
*** Below is information from LG to address the Slow Charging Message some customer may see when charging their G2.
It's very important that our customers understand that their device is charging and working properly but charging time may*take little longer than expected.
Below is the statement from LG
LG STATEMENT CONCERNING SLOW CHARGING NOTIFICATION

The current G2 system notification for slow charging was implemented according to the previous version of VZW?s charging requirement.

Due to similar complaints from the market and end-users, VZW has since updated the charging requirement.

Here are the details:

Previous VZW requirement (applied to current G2 software):* If the charging source delivers less current than is required for normal speed charging, the slow charging notification shall be presented to the user.* Chargers that deliver less than 1500mAh current can cause the slow charging notification with this requirement.

Updated VZW requirement:* If the charging source delivers less current than 500mAh, the slow charging notification shall be presented to the user.* (Note:* most charges on the market now are 700mAh or greater)

LG will apply the updated requirement via a software update targeted for November, 2013.

Since most of the current adapters and car chargers in the market today deliver more than 500mAh, the slow charging notification should be a rare occurrence after the software update.

ulrich6

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Uhrich,

if this is true, then why won't some of the 2A chargers I have tried work?

I don't know. Just passing that on. Sounds like they're going to patch it to just not show the slow charging notification, even though it's still slow charging. At least that's how I interpret it.

Powerplaygraphix

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
One thing I've noticed is that you have to make sure your charger AND cable are sufficient to carry the load. I have one charger that works with one USB cable but not another. What it comes down to is, the "slow charge" will charge it fine if it's just sitting and not being used but a "slow charge" won't work if you are using it for things like Navigation or streaming. It slows down the rate of reduction but won't sustain or replenish it. A good cable/charger WILL recharge it during use. So a "slow charge" charger is fine for when you plug it up at night but make sure to invest in a better charger if you want to keep one in your car to charge during navigation and other power draining usage.

Hosehead

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Results of my testing so far with the Mediabridge 6' cable vs. the stock USB cable. These inconsistencies are rather annoying when I really just want to find a good car charger and an extra travel or 2...

Fast Charge?
ChargerMediabridge 6'OEM Cable
Scosche 12V 2x 2.0ANY
Griifin Power BlockNY
Galaxy S4 OEMYY
iPad OEMYY
OEMNY