LG G2 camera issues.

TouchPerception

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
I can verify that the camera on the g2 while in low light conditions aint all that great. I think almost every phone out there has this problem though. I highly doubt any camera wont have problems focusing in low light conditions. With the most recent update being 4.4.2 i did notice improvement in low light condition and focusing overall. I would suggest to get the latest update to improve the camera.

LG G2 on 4.4. Kit-Kat <3

Junaid Jabbar

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Is kitkat update fixed sound issues in video mode?
I mean is the sound recording gets better or its the same?
Actually I wanna upgrade my phone and i have HTC ONE, LG G2, Xperia Z1 under my consideration. haveing better camera thats what dragged me towards LG otherwise Im not big fan of lg. And also i've heard that G2 has some GPS issues too ... is it correct?

Henrik Hernqvist

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I also had problems with the camera taking photos in my poket, but I use Tasker and Screen Off and Lock.
If the proximity sensor is active (set a variable) when camera starts I go to home screen and then run Screen Off and Lock.
I do the same if Quick Memo starts.

/Henrik

ddeividdas

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
My camera is great, but when its quite light. When its dark - pictures are obscure.
And - do you know soft which lets "touch and shoot" but without rooting? its possible in G3 now and I would like to have it on my G2.

Attachments

• 20140601_143516.jpg
    20140601_143516.jpg
    983.8 KB · Views: 25

horangeh

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Sulla, I would have to disagree with you. I've tried to record myself playing my guitar (at quite loud volumes, I may add...) and record, but it doesn't matter how loud or how quiet I'm playing, the result is the same. I get a horrible "wah wah wah" effect, and basically this "tinny" sounding echo, if that's what ya wanna call it. I wish there was a way to fix this issue. :-\

The problem is created by the stupid LG "background noise suppression". If that could be turned off the recorded sound would be normal.

horangeh

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
most of my pictures like this
View attachment 95356
Use Sports mode for pictures with moving objects. Sports mode simply increases the shutter speed by increasing the ISO.

Another option is to manually pump up the ISO, that will increase the shutter speed (less blur) but will also increase the noise. The camera has a pretty aggressive noise reduction so the final result may not be that bad.

Let us know how it goes.

horangeh

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Or like this pictures are not clear

Sent from my LG-D802 using AC Forums mobile app

That pic is taken in day light. There are two possibilities for the blur:

1. The automatically selected shutter speed is too low so the pic gets blurred due to camera shake. Check the shutter speed (in seconds) in the pic info. For daylight pics like that it should not be longer than 1/60 of a second. Note 1/15 of second is LONGER. If it's too long, go to Normal mode and manually increase the ISO, that will decrease the shutter speed. Also consider snapping the pic with a voice command while keeping the camera steady. That reduces the camera shake.

2. The pic is not focused. Make sure the focus gets green before snapping a pic. Try touching the object on the screen where you want the pic to be focused, wait for green brackets and then snap the pic (best use voice command or a timer to avoid camera shake).

Chuck Lindstrom

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
I am having the same problem - movement with close people (less than5-6 ft) get blurry results.

Also am getting folks who tell me they cannot hear me if the phone moves the slightest bit away from my mouth!!

Last edited: