I have an LG G2 & whenver I type c when emailing or texting it comes up as x. How can I get the correct letter to type?

A

AC Question

I have an LG G2 & whenver I type c when emailing or texting it comes up as x

I've noticed that when I'm texting or emailing c always comes up as x now in the text (It happens with upper & lower case c). I restarted the phone, & I checked my screen cover & the screen itself for marks, finger prints, etc & I don't see anything that could be physically causing it.

Any ideas on what might be causing it/how to fix it? All the other number & letter keys seem to be working fine. Not sure why it's just the c.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: I have an LG G2 & whenver I type c when emailing or texting it comes up as x

Hi, what keyboard are you using? It might help to clear the system cache partition. If that doesn't work, you could try a factory reset, or try a different keyboard. Good luck.

muckrakerX

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: I have an LG G2 & whenver I type c when emailing or texting it comes up as x

Does this happen in both landscape and portrait modes?

gracefall

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site

Only in portrait it seems.
And now I'm noticing an issue too when I'm on the internet & an icon I need touch to select something isn't working when it's located in the same area where yhe c would be if the keyboard was open. Almost like the touchscreen isn't working at all in that one spot.

muckrakerX

May 23, 2013
Visit site

Bad digitizer. Are you still under warranty?

Lynn Hannon

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
Re: I have an LG G2 & whenver I type c when emailing or texting it comes up as x. How can I get the

I am having the same problem. It only happens in portrait. Doesn't matter which keyboard. Restarting doesn't help. Checked for updates. No warranty. Any suggestions?

gracefall

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site

Unfortunately no, but I'm due for my 2 year upgrade in Dec so I guess I'll try to hold out until then.
Thanks!

muckrakerX

May 23, 2013
Visit site

Unfortunately no, but I'm due for my 2 year upgrade in Dec so I guess I'll try to hold out until then.
Thanks!

Sorry to hear that. When that happened to my G2, I had one week of warranty left, and Verizon sent me a new phone.

muckrakerX

May 23, 2013
Visit site

I would go to my carrier store and explain the situation to them, and see what kind of deal they would be willing to work out.

Lynn Hannon

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site

I went to Sprint. They said because the problem is a "known problem" with LG G2 phones, they would order me a new one! It didn't even matter that my phone wasn't under warrantee and I didn't have insurance on it. I was still skeptical until I actually had the new phone in my hand.