My LG G2 is dying and I can't enter recovery mode, what do I do?

A

AC Question

lg g2 dying? Can’t enter to recovery mode!

Hi guys,

I'm not sure if my lg g2 is dying or is something related with a corrupted OS, virus, bla bla bla, the point is that apparently is working normally but it is not synchronizing with google, and at a random time it gets hot like if I was playing a game, I tried to do a factory restore from android system but when I press to button to start it doesn't do a thing, so me 2nd choice was to try it from recovery mode, but I can get into it, I tried 2 ways that I found here... vol down and power and when lg logo appears I release those buttons and press then again i immediately but looks like the phone is restarting and not entering to recovery mode, another way was to power on the phone and press vol down and power before lg logo appears but the result is the same, it starts to reset and not entering to recovery mode.
what do you think guys? should I start to look for a new phone?

thanks in advance.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: lg g2 dying? Can’t enter to recovery mode!

Welcome to Android Central! If the phone is unrooted, you can't access the Recovery Menu. LG phones are annoying in that respect (except for their Nexus phones that they make for Google).

Go to Settings>Accounts-Google>[your account]. Does it show any sync errors there? Is Auto-Sync actually on? When's the last time it shows that it successfully synced?

Getting hot while playing a game isn't random--many games are processor intensive, and it's normal for the phone to get warm or even hot when playing them.