LG G3 Wireless Qi charging

ozz101

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
This is the back cover that came with my sprint LG G3. Is this cover Qi compatible?

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• 3744.jpg
    3744.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 1,591

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
These are the 4 pins of the Sprint LG G3

The 4 pins are on every G3 (the phone itself)

There are 2pin backs and 4 pin

The 2 pin backs are for NFC

The 4 pin backs are for NFC & Wireless Charging.

The base 4 pins (phone itself) are there so you can purchase a back cover with 4 pins.

asics10

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Can you confirm that it will actually wireless charge with the PMA back?

This was directed at the guy who stated that he got a PMA back.

Last edited:

Flagz

May 25, 2013
Visit site
So does at&t or anyone else for that matter sell a compatible charging dock where you can set the phone upright (and not just lay it down on the charging pad)?

you phone wont be compatible with these battery doors shown (Qi), you'll need a PMA Wireless Charging STAND. Havent check PMA option, but I know Qi has quite a few of them.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Yes, all LG G3's have four pins on the back of the phone, but they have two different pin layouts.

Some have all four close together, others have the four pins spaced out more. You should check to see if the replacement battery cover you buy is Qi compatible, and if it has the four pin layout which matches your internal pins.

I heard AT&T has gone to great lengths to disable Qi charging in the phone itself due to them backing the PMA standard.

brewzer

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Yes, all LG G3's have four pins on the back of the phone, but they have two different pin layouts.

Some have all four close together, others have the four pins spaced out more. You should check to see if the replacement battery cover you buy is Qi compatible, and if it has the four pin layout which matches your internal pins.

I heard AT&T has gone to great lengths to disable Qi charging in the phone itself due to them backing the PMA standard.

It has been confirmed over at XDA that AT&T has disabled Qi charging. Every user who bought a Qi enabled back wasn't able to charge it wirelessly. PMA is the only way to wirelessly charge an AT&T LG3. :mad:

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
It has been confirmed over at XDA that AT&T has disabled Qi charging. Every user who bought a Qi enabled back wasn't able to charge it wirelessly. PMA is the only way to wirelessly charge an AT&T LG3. :mad:

Do you know of any other confirmations on the other US carriers? I plan on getting a Qi back-plate for my Verizon G3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38