Wireless charging issue.

Nov 19, 2022
Visit site
I purchased my S22+ shortly after they were available. Since I've had it I always charge it on one of my two wireless chargers without issue. For the last two days when I place it on the wireless charging pad it appears to be charging. This morning after being on the wireless charger overnight it was a few percent lower charge than it was when I went to bed. So I put it on my other wireless charger and got the same results. Next I plugged it in the old fashion was and it charged up pretty fast. I'm not able to find anyone who is having this same issue. Does anyone have any ideas of things I can check? I forgot to mention, I have cycled it off and on twice hoping this would solve my charging issue.

Nov 19, 2022
Visit site
I bought and installed an OtterBox case when the phone was new. Nothing has changed that I'm aware of.

When I first read your suggestion I removed the OtterBox and put the phone on the wireless charger. It's been on the charger for about 20 minutes now and hasn't gained any charge.
Here's another thing that really adds to the confusion. Near the bottom center of the screen is a charging icon and I can read where is says "86% Full. 31 minutes till full."
My phone was recently updated. Could that update be responsible for causing this?

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Have you enabled protect battery?

Have you tried diagnostic to check wireless charging?

Screenshot_20221118_215421_Device care.jpgScreenshot_20221118_215457_Samsung Members.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Nov 19, 2022
Visit site
Okay, I started the phone in safe mode and placed it on the wireless charger. It still indicates it's charging but the amount of charge being displayed isn't changing. Thanks for your patience with me on this matter.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Okay, I started the phone in safe mode and placed it on the wireless charger. It still indicates it's charging but the amount of charge being displayed isn't changing. Thanks for your patience with me on this matter.
I hate to say factory reset because it's not 100 % going fix it for now report the issue to Samsung and use wired charging maybe next update can fix this

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using AC Forums mobile app

Nov 19, 2022
Visit site
I hate to say factory reset because it's not 100 % going fix it for now report the issue to Samsung and use wired charging maybe next update can fix this

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using AC Forums mobile app

Thank you so much for your help trying to resolve this issue. I will do as you say and report this to Samsung. In the mean time I guess I will have to resort to charging wirelessly because I prefer to not factory reset it unless absolutely necessary.

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried a different wireless charger? Maybe an official Samsung one? I think I recall someone having a problem way back with a third party charger after an update...

It's worth a try, especially if you know someone who has a charger you can test on so it doesn't cost you anything.

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thank you so much for your help trying to resolve this issue. I will do as you say and report this to Samsung. In the mean time I guess I will have to resort to charging wirelessly because I prefer to not factory reset it unless absolutely necessary.
Your welcome, yeah I wouldn't factory reset at this point