LG G3 Wireless Qi charging

me75006

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Success in upgrading my TMobile LG G3 (D851) to work with Qi wireless charging.
Parts used:
  • Choetech RX05 Quick Circle case, Amazon Prime, $15.99
  • (not for G2, btw)
  • ChiBot® CB1030 Qi Enabled Wireless Charger , led status indicator, Amazon Prime, $7.99

Used the LG OEM charger & micro USB charging cable.
Total cost: $23.98
Works nicely.

Project Discovery-
One must use a high quality micro usb charging cable. Any cheap cable will likely cause charging error messages on the G3 display.
Monoprice has a cable,
5456 1.5ft USB 2.0 A Male to Micro 5pin Male 28/24AWG Cable w/ Ferrite Core (Gold Plated), currently $1.02

Which I have ordered to test. The 28 awg is a smaller diameter wire used for data. The 24awg is a larger diameter wire used for charging/power.
Keep the cable length as short as you can. Else wise if you attempt to work with the higher current flows needed for Qi, the loss in a longer cheap cable will 'eat your lunch'.

jbjtkbw007

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
Success in upgrading my TMobile LG G3 (D851) to work with Qi wireless charging.
Parts used:
  • Choetech RX05 Quick Circle case, Amazon Prime, $15.99
  • (not for G2, btw)
  • ChiBot® CB1030 Qi Enabled Wireless Charger , led status indicator, Amazon Prime, $7.99

Used the LG OEM charger & micro USB charging cable.
Total cost: $23.98
Works nicely.

Project Discovery-
One must use a high quality micro usb charging cable. Any cheap cable will likely cause charging error messages on the G3 display.
Monoprice has a cable,
5456 1.5ft USB 2.0 A Male to Micro 5pin Male 28/24AWG Cable w/ Ferrite Core (Gold Plated), currently $1.02

Which I have ordered to test. The 28 awg is a smaller diameter wire used for data. The 24awg is a larger diameter wire used for charging/power.
Keep the cable length as short as you can. Else wise if you attempt to work with the higher current flows needed for Qi, the loss in a longer cheap cable will 'eat your lunch'.

So will this work with the AT&T version of the G3?

me75006

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
ATT did not choose to go with Qi charging method, so you need to search for:
lg g3 at&t wireless charging back

Keep an eye out for terms "powermat", PMA Wireless charging, so you get compatible parts for your ATT LG G3.

subroto chakraborty

May 4, 2015
Visit site
have a D858HK, the connectors in back cover is in a diff location.
Any one can come across this, where can I find a quick circle case with wireless charging?IMG_20150504_125410-1.jpg

Last edited:

cooperdk

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
There is a replacement qi/nfc board on banggood dot com which makes this work with the D855.

For the AT&T model and other D850 models, sorry. You will need to buy a default qi charger with a connector that goes thru the phone case and down to the charger connection. But it is practically invisible. Sold at the same website (cannot post links), search for wireless charger and they're both on page one. They have the chargers too, and all of it for practically nothing.

Blurr26

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Potential troubleshooting with wireless chargers (in my case the PowerBot 1020, but could apply to any). I have the Sprint variant of the LG G3 (LS990). After reading online/watching YouTube videos, I ordered the replacement sticker and two Qi standard wireless chargers. After all was said and done, I initially was having trouble with charging. The phone would charge for approx. 5 seconds, then stop and right back to charging again. I thought maybe my sticker install had something to do with it (maybe wasn't perfect), but I figured in that case it either works or doesn't. Turns out, I switched from using my Samsung wall adapter (that I had for my GS4) and tried the LG G3 adapter. After that, charged without an issue. I'm no expert and I don't know why the Samsung adapter didn't power the Powerbot wireless charger sufficiently, but the LG adapter fixed the problem. Just figured I'd post this in case anyone was having any issues charging their phone wirelessly. Maybe this would help...

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I've read that the D850 doesn't support Qi wireless charging out of the box. I think that someone earlier in this thread said that the D850 supports PowerMat charging.

You can install a Qi receiver inside the phone casing which will connect through the charging port on the phone. I think that's going to be your only Qi solution.

Aerandir1414

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
Hello guys,
I bought a Tylt Vu 1 week ago that I'm using for charging my phone during the night. Unfortunately, when my phone reach 100%, the charge stops charging, then starts charging a few seconds later, then stop charging again a few seconds later and so on ...
As the LG G3 vibrates when it starts charging, my phone vibrates every 5 seconds all night long and it wakes me up ....

Did someone already have the same issue ??
Thanks for your help