Get rid of battery saver icon?

DisplacedMic

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Just got my phone today. Other than getting a little warm, so far so good. However I turned on the battery saver option to kick in at 30% battery, and now the icon is always on, even when the battery isn't below the threshold. is there a way to get rid of that icon? i googled it and for the g2 (i assume) people said you go to notifications, edit, uncheck battery saver - but that didn't do it for me.

anyone?

DisplacedMic

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately, if it is on, you get the icon.

Mav. :cool:

Sent from the future on my Sprint LG G3.

that's what i was afraid of. i hate that kind of stuff. why on earth would i need a constant reminder that this event will happen at some point in the future?
i could understand having it on once it's activated, but when my battery is 99%, i don't see why i need to be reminded all day long that at 30% it will enter saver mode.
anybody else think that's stupid or am i just being anal-retentive?

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
are you sure it's actually on - because mine had to be turned on. when i turn it on, the leaf appears. when i turn it off, the leaf vanishes.

No leaf. I hit 20% last night and the battery saver kicked in. I don't remember seeing a leaf then either. I will try to pay better attention next time I'm below the threshold.

bongaroo

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
I am on a Sprint G3 and I get a list with it on.

Along the same line of thought I'm not a fan of the Wi-Fi calling icon either.

Posted via Android Central App

DudeThatsErin

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I get it on my T-Mobile g3. It is very annoying

Sent from my T-Mobile Carrier locked LG G3 without root or anything like that. :)
btw, I'm a girl.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Whether I access the battery saver feature through the settings menu or the notification toggle, I still get a leaf icon on the top left of the notification bar. I suppose its a Sprint thing only for now.

DisplacedMic

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Whether I access the battery saver feature through the settings menu or the notification toggle, I still get a leaf icon on the top left of the notification bar. I suppose its a Sprint thing only for now.

ah - i hadn't considered that. i'm sprint as well.
this is what it looks like:

Screenshot_2014-07-15-13-29-43.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87