LG G3 Lag. The truth?

bradem

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
The lag on my stock UK unbranded G3 is practically unbearable. My old broken Nexus 4 is considerably more responsive
And yes, I have done a factory reset recently.

I thought it was the SD Card, so I did a reset and only installed the necessary apps on internal memory.

There are times when it can take 5+ seconds to respond.
Have tried Nova launcher - doesn't really help. ART has somewhat.

Playing music with the screen off has audible pops as if it's a sub-second buffering pause.
And now winter is coming I have a portable hand warmer. Yay,

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I think your G3 is defective. Even completely stock, I had very little lag, and mine doesn't overheat at all.

But you might want to try it with NO 3rd party apps at all, just to be sure one of your "necessary" apps isn't the problem.

ahmadoov

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
I've joined this community especially to reply on this discussion.

I have the LG G3 16GB international version......i honestly say that i suffered from extensive lag for at least three months after buying it....until i found out the cause of lag.........it the bloatware on the phone.......th Mcafffe antivirus real-time protection causes the lag......after uninstalling it......the phone is very very smooth and flawless like my old nexus 4.

chimpboy74

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I've joined this community especially to reply on this discussion.

I have the LG G3 16GB international version......i honestly say that i suffered from extensive lag for at least three months after buying it....until i found out the cause of lag.........it the bloatware on the phone.......th Mcafffe antivirus real-time protection causes the lag......after uninstalling it......the phone is very very smooth and flawless like my old nexus 4.

The mcafee thing is a real pig to the point that every time I went into settings it opened up asking me to sign in. I couldn't change any settings!

I managed to remove its admin rights but I still get notifications from it. Can it be removed without rooting? If so please help. I love my g3 and the lollipop has improved the lag for me (May have been related to the mcafee thing as I removed its admin rights around same time as I upgraded)

I also have to add I have never seen or felt any overheating in use.

Edit: for the love of.... Mcafee has just started popping up again every time I go into settings!!! f***k Off!!!!

How can I get rid of this POS?

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
The mcafee thing is a real pig to the point that every time I went into settings it opened up asking me to sign in. I couldn't change any settings!

I managed to remove its admin rights but I still get notifications from it. Can it be removed without rooting? If so please help. I love my g3 and the lollipop has improved the lag for me (May have been related to the mcafee thing as I removed its admin rights around same time as I upgraded)

Edit: for the love of.... Mcafee has just started popping up again every time I go into settings!!! f***k Off!!!!

So you did this...

settings/Security/Phone Administrators and unchecking the McAfee Security

?

GaryRSK

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site

I'm getting bad lag on the homescreen redrawing in particular, and it's driving me up the wall! I'm also getting McAfee notifications despite unticking phone administrator. Otherwise it's a great phone, which is really frustrating. I've got the UK version. I've also tried other tips through Developer Options about reducing animations, and through the hidden menu to change some of the screen settings to try and reduce the redraw lag. No luck so far!

GaryRSK

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Just spotted this thread on the androidcentral forum:

Lag from my LG G3 vanished! :D

It suggests resetting to ART. I might give it a go and report back. It looks like it doesn't work with Verizon, but I'm on O2 in the UK so hopefully I'll be okay!

GaryRSK

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Have updated to ART, and so far so good. The lag has disappeared, and response times are faster too. As far as I can tell apps are all working fine. Hooray!

If you read the guidance on the other thread, remember to wait and reboot - it does seem to make a difference.

ksm09

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
2/16gb D855 here, works like charm, when i get it yes it was laggy, but i switch to art and delete de health page install nova launcher and it worked so f.cking well, now with 5.0 it semms a bit more faster (my opinion), i had problems with battery yesterday (installed 5.0 on the night of 18) let's see how it behave today, hope it fixes by itself :) lol :)

Posted from Lg G3

beezlebubz

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
2/16gb D855 here, works like charm, when i get it yes it was laggy, but i switch to art and delete de health page install nova launcher and it worked so f.cking well, now with 5.0 it semms a bit more faster (my opinion), i had problems with battery yesterday (installed 5.0 on the night of 18) let's see how it behave today, hope it fixes by itself :) lol :)

Posted from Lg G3

ksm09, are you on lollipop official update? If so did they remove the stock email app? (not the gmail app)

AlfieBriggs

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
I went on one in a UK phone shop, lag was awful, like my Note One running Stock. What about the HTC One M8 or wait for M9, try a Note 4 use the test models in shops to your advantage.

Posted via my amazing Note 4 paired with my Moto360

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo