Hey Note converts....

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys and gals. I'm going to upgrade in the very near future to either a Note 4 or G3. Battery life on my nexus is just killing me!

I've been curious about the Note series because of the size and S Pen. I'm a school teacher and envision using the S Pen to annotate docs and PDFs. But maybe doing that isn't even that great on a Note, I don't know.

So my question is, do you miss the S Pen? If you use your phone for productivity, are you "less" productive because it has limitations (not saying it does, wondering if there are any compared to a Note)? How was the Note's screen in outdoor use v G3?

Thanks!

Posted via Android Central App

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
To be honest, I very rarely used the S Pen on the Note 3. I only used it to write a quick note if I decided I needed to buy something at the store or if someone was giving me their phone number. However, I don't need an S Pen to do any of that, so no, I don't miss it at all.

ejb1013

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Less productive no but I do mildly miss my s-pen though. I used it mostly to cut out certain things I'd come across in my internet travels to share with my friends. Still possible by cropping a screenshot but it's an extra step now.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I only used the spen a few times. Normally writing with it for me was a pain. Its actually faster to use your finger to do things so I think I'm actually more productive without the pen.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Loved my Note3, hated the physical size.
Never used the pen but could see its usefulness if you take the time to get familiar with it.
If you can handle the size the N3 is a great phone. A little more fluid, brighter screen and one of the best batteries to date. LG is far more manageable for day to day practical use. Great battery and the wireless charging capability is a great bonus. Both cameras are fantastic, no real loser here.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
It's been 5 months and I do miss the S-Pen, this happened a few days ago on my S5 I was on a call and needed to take notes. I was force to put it on hold and speaker, then launch Google Keep. I know G3 has QuickMemo but it's not the same writing with your finger.

This is really the reason I use the S-Pen for though. It's also useful while driving, makes things more accurate and safer.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana