G3...What Will Beat It?

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
G3 Prime, world wide? Like the S5 Prime I doubt LG would risk it just to improve the performance slightly that the average consumer couldn't tell the difference anyway. I get technology moves fast but this is getting ridiculous.

pmcnei11

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
G3 Prime, world wide? Like the S5 Prime I doubt LG would risk it just to improve the performance slightly that the average consumer couldn't tell the difference anyway. I get technology moves fast but this is getting ridiculous.

I don't think you can post links in here but its almost certain its being launched in Europe (leaked out last week). The US might be different but they're announcing the EU version at the IFA next month.

pmcnei11

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Low res of the Stylus version is baffling, if true.

Posted via Android Central App

Perhaps it will be aimed towards the Korean market more? They have more quirky phones over there. On a recent trip to Japan, I noticed a lot of them were still using flip phones!!!!

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Perhaps it will be aimed towards the Korean market more? They have more quirky phones over there. On a recent trip to Japan, I noticed a lot of them were still using flip phones!!!!

It could well be that. I guess it would also give it better battery life, also data consumption. Streaming some 1080p YouTube video the other day caused a huge vertical spike on the data use graph of about 700mb...fortunately I'm on an unlimited data tariff.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
M8 is more fluid and smooth in everyday operations without any lag. The note 4 will have "better specs" and most likely the new moto x will beat it if you are talking performance. It all depends on what you consider topping it. The screen will be hard to top, the other specs will be topped as soon as snapdragon805/808/810 devices start shipping more worldwide.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I guess I just MAY be thinking too far ahead with the quantum stuff. I was also going to suggest cerebral and body implants working in conjunction with headgear and virtual reality stuff but its JUST possible I may be thinking a TAD too far ahead there too.????????????

Yeah, that's a bit too far ahead. I don't see quantum anything in consumer electronics within the next decade. They wouldn't even be much more powerful.

cgisoul

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
After using Note 2 for a year and half, I think I'm ready to jump ship to LG. I didn't get the Note 3 as I hate the back cover.
HTC M8 is awesome but is small and closed without being able to change battery. That alone is a no go.
G3 looks impressive and Note 4 for what I have seen already from the leak photos, it will be just another Note 3 with better specs.
For now, my verdict is G3

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
The G3 has caused a lot of discussion in this forum since before it became available. Most owners I bet now love it. What future device will match or beat it? S6? Z3? G4?

MY Note 3 beats it.... I prefer AMOLED , S-pen , Touchwiz over LG's interface, and 1440p isn't a selling point for phones imo

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, that's a bit too far ahead. I don't see quantum anything in consumer electronics within the next decade. They wouldn't even be much more powerful.

Given the potential and also security risks of quantum computing you can bet that there's some hefty government funding into research and development, even if only to be the first to develop it. A few years ago I read that the quantum state could be isolated long enough to calculate that 2×2=4 but I imagine they've got further now.
It doesn't exactly make easy reading though. 😶

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
MY Note 3 beats it.... I prefer AMOLED , S-pen , Touchwiz over LG's interface, and 1440p isn't a selling point for phones imo

I agree, but the note 3, mine at least, signal went down hill after kit Kat. The g3 is a good choice with good signal. I was tired of being on 3g or 1x, or no signal at all on the note 3.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
There have been no future devices announced that I'm aware of ... so it's not possible to know. What will beat it on the spec sheet? In what regard? The Note 4 will have better specs in many areas, but software and radios both really really really hurt Samsung. The S-Pen gives it a major edge already.

The Moto, Apple & Samsung announcements next month will probably all bring head turners that at least compete with the G3. As far as we know, the Moto will compete on every level except for the screen resolution and will have arguably substantially better software. There are a lot of very competitive choices, which is a great thing.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I hadn't heard of the Note Edge and it's certainly different.

The achievement in the case of the G3 is the 1440p technology, and the 5.5" small bezel display in a relatively small device.
Whether those things are useful and worthwhile and to what degree is a different matter, but they sell the phone.

What can the other manufacturers come up with that isn't just more of the same...what the G3 is already doing?
That Note Edge display is a good, though unusual example of that, though how effectively it would sell the phone I don't know.

Something that would be useful if it could be done, since we carry our phones on our persons, would be battery charging from body heat. I doubt it could be done, at least yet. But it would sell whatever phone that was the first to have it.

Thanks to all for your replies in this thread.☺

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I hadn't heard of the Note Edge and it's certainly different.

The achievement in the case of the G3 is the 1440p technology, and the 5.5" small bezel display in a relatively small device.
Whether those things are useful and worthwhile and to what degree is a different matter, but they sell the phone.

What can the other manufacturers come up with that isn't just more of the same...what the G3 is already doing?
That Note Edge display is a good, though unusual example of that, though how effectively it would sell the phone I don't know.

Something that would be useful if it could be done, since we carry our phones on our persons, would be battery charging from body heat. I doubt it could be done, at least yet. But it would sell whatever phone that was the first to have it.

Thanks to all for your replies in this thread.☺

Solar panel would be an option or kinetic or the technology already being studied that changes something or other that makes it 3x as efficient as current battery technology.

Yes screen tech and processor and sound and camera oh and everything else will only advance further and further.

Perhaps smartphones will have the ability to beem you up Scottie :p

One thing is for sure we are at this point privileged to have what we do now :)