LG G3 Lock screen shortcuts are gone - Only "Emergency call Press hold"

jeffreynothing43

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Out of nowhere my lock screen shortcuts disappeared and I just get the square box at the bottom that says a message about an emergency call. I've tried clearing data, changing the shortcuts etc. Nothing is working. I can't find anything online about this.

To answer some questions.
- Not rooted
- Lock screen is set to swipe
- Using default wallpaper
- Shortcuts are Google Now, Camera, Hangouts, and Phone

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Hmm. I haven't got the shortcuts option in settings...so far as I could find when looking...possibly because my lock screen is set up with a PIN lock.
Try entering Recovery and wiping the Cache Partition?

Edit. Sorry, turns out Cache Partition wipe is not straightforward on G3.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Re: Lock screen shortcuts are gone - Only "Emergency call Press hold"

When I enabled my pattern lock, most of mine disappeared. I had to go back into Settings/(System) QuickCircle Case/Select Apps to re-enable what was available. I found this app in Google Play https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...?id=com.yoavst.quickapps&hl=en&token=aM4w2pvp for some extra apps that aren't normally available.
Ah nevermind, I missed the part where you said you tried re-enabling.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Try entering Recovery and wiping the Cache Partition?

Edit. Sorry, turns out Cache Partition wipe is not straightforward on G3.

On the G3 it's done through Settings, storage, cached data. The hardware key to recovery for wiping cache partition is apparently not an option on the G3.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
^^^No, and I don't understand that. You can wipe your app cached data, but not your system cached data. Just hope it's never necessary.
Thx for info.

kecarlso

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
LG 3 emergency contacts

Where do I put my emergency contacts in my LG3. I would like callers and texters to be identified as themselves rather than ICE. No matter what I do, I get replies from ICE.

BigJohn1989

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
It does it for me when I am in roaming mode, or when I have a bad signal. Switching to and out of Airplane Mode brings the shortcuts back again, until I go back into an area with bad signal.

BigJohn