Alarm clock issue

pinaygwaps

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Hello! I just joined the forums to share my issue.

For my alarm clock I use a custom sound which is 4 seconds long.
When my alarm starts it doesn't play the whole sound, which is weird because it used to work for a long time, but since last week it had this issue.

So I grab my phone and check what's going on and somehow my phone turned the alarm off by itself. I normally like to snooze a couple of times before I get out of bed. When I restart my phone and test the alarm, it'll be normal like before.

This morning something else happened. It did the same thing cutting of the sound, but this time it didn't turn off the alarm, but snoozed it instead.

I find it rather creepy and I don't want to wake up late for work if it cuts off the sound everytime.

I have a Quick Circle Case but I'm not sure if it has to do with anything. I also charge my phone at night and unplug it after my alarm goes off.

Does anyone else have this issue? For tomorrow I'll try using a different sound maybe that will help, but it would be weird if that is the issue. It worked before..why not now?

Posted via the Android Central App

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the G3 forum.
You almost sound as if you think your phone is getting up in the night and wandering around, or thinking of ways of messing with your mind.
I've had a couple of minor glitches with my G3, easily put right with a Soft Reset. You could try that, though it will take till next morning to find out whether it's worked.😕

Posted via Android Central App

pinaygwaps

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Haha maybe it is! Thanks for the advice.
I just woke up to the same thing.. I then deleted a widget I've been using on my lockscreen. After that it works again..So I'm guessing that was the problem. But I'll check again tomorrow morning.

Posted via the Android Central App

realstreets

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
This is a known bug affecting all different builds and phones. However, it is not acknowledge by Google or manufacturers.

I can't post links but google "Issue 43430: alarm clock rings for 1 second

I use GoLocker and haven't had any problems but that solution hasn't worked for everyone. The entire situation has me strongly considering a windows phone (all other devices windows). I getting tired of wasting my time trying to fix problems with my android phone (battery usage, lag, alarm). Yeah, WP has less apps but at least the f***** alarm works!:mad:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer