G3: Regrets? Happy? On the Fence?

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Very Happy and satisfied I did not wait for the release of other phones later in the year. Most notably the Note 4 or the Moto X (the Iphone 6 does not count as I would never consider an Iphone). I usually set my sights on a phone (LG G3) and am confident about my decision, but this time I started to doubt my decision because of all the chatter on the forums regarding "wait and see what other manufacturers offer as their flagship phone". I started to "buy in" on this, but after hearing the details of the newly released phones I can honestly say I am very happy with my decision to purchase the LG G3.

My biggest consideration for purchasing the G3 was the SD card, Camera, and removable battery.
Are you still on the fence, happy or regret purchasing your G3?
:)

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Very Happy and satisfied I did not wait for the release of other phones later in the year. Most notably the Note 4 or the Moto X (the Iphone 6 does not count as I would never consider an Iphone). I usually set my sights on a phone (LG G3) and am confident about my decision, but this time I started to doubt my decision because of all the chatter on the forums regarding "wait and see what other manufacturers offer as their flagship phone". I started to "buy in" on this, but after hearing the details of the newly released phones I can honestly say I am very happy with my decision to purchase the LG G3.

My biggest consideration for purchasing the G3 was the SD card, Camera, and removable battery.

I'm very happy I purchased my G3 from DAY 1!! I had taken notice of LG's G2 from last year but it didn't have the sd card slot and removable battery that I like and makes me all warm and tingly inside. I was looking at finally moving away from Samsung this year because I've grown bored with their devices and implementation. HTC wasn't a choice for me because I don't like anything they offer. When the G3 was announced, I had my eyes set on it but the 801 and QHD was a concern at first. When it was finally released, I decided to give it a shot and if I didn't like it, I would return it. I also got a great deal on it through BB! As soon as I held it and started playing with it, I had a very good feeling that it was going to be a keeper! :)

frank-barnett

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
very happy and no regrets whatsoever . I don't notice the phone - it just works - I love the camera. And when I say I don't notice the phone - it means I never have to curse it for not working as I expect. GPS, email, browsing the internet, apps.

It's a pleasure.

bsannes

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site

I was like you maybe not doubting the phone but worried that I may fall into the trap of greener grasses. But after seeing moto and samsung stuff I can say that it didn't happen. The G3 is still sitting in the lead. If all those phones were out when I got the G3 i'm pretty sure I still would have purchased the G3 .

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I was like you maybe not doubting the phone but worried that I may fall into the trap of greener grasses. But after seeing moto and samsung stuff I can say that it didn't happen. The G3 is still sitting in the lead. If all those phones were out when I got the G3 i'm pretty sure I still would have purchased the G3 .
^This^

Lynx

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I love the phone, the biggest complaint I have is the charger is so tempermental. I have to use certain ones or it doesnt work for me, even though they work perfetcly fine on my other phones/tablets. Aside from that very awesome phone, and I use tons of phones (Moto X, One m8, Galaxy s5, G3, and I always an iPhone). No regrets at all for me!

Neibl

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Agree with all of you. I thought I should wait for the Moto X Gen 2, but went with LG G3 seeing as it had everything and some new stuff and great great reviews. I don't regret it at all see the moto X it's a fantastic phone, but def not on same par as G3.

QHD display is king, battery life is as good as it can be for a phone this powerful at least (I always care a 4500 MAH charger in my pocket now a days anyway) and the camera on the G3 is INSANELY SHARP, my iphone friends are constantly asking me to take photos and send it to them.

Just ordered a moto 360, the smart watch combined with phablet size phone is going to be awesome and conserve my phone battery as well (less screen time).

Only complaint is PMA is the worst charging. Oh well, probably will just get a dock at this point like i have at work.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
There were a number of doubts and negative rumours doing the rounds at the time I was about to buy, which made me hold back for a bit. This was in the early days when the device was just becoming available in the UK. I bought, and all the doubts I'd had vanished into thin air once I started using the device. I recognise that some owners may have problems, but my experience has been trouble-free...No regrets at all.

Posted via Android Central App

Dirkadirk3

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I have no regrets at all. I had a GS4 and knew I didn't want the GS5 (too many bloatwares and features that I never use). While what HTC has been doing impresses me, the M8 just has too many "flaws" for what I want. I was concerned about the battery of the G3, but after about a month of use, I can definitely say battery life is great even with the gorgeous QHD display. The only negative point I have with the phone is that some apps aren't compatible with its QHD display.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I couldn't care less about the Note 4 and it pretty much was exactly as I had expected it to be... basically an updated Note 3, which was a nice device, but I didn't want that one either. The Moto X did have my curiosity for a bit until the specs came to light. Now that it's released, no worries... it's a nice phone, but clearly a step down from the G3.

The elephant in the room, at least for me, is that mysterious Nexus phone (or phones).... will it be a 5.9" phablet, or a 5.2" beastmode phone, or will Google released BOTH? I'm all set with a 6" phone... nice but I'll pass. Though, if the 5.2" phone is as they say its going to be... 805/420 SOC, QHD 5.2" display, 13MP OIS'd shooter, with maybe a few other goodies, all running that buttery smooth 'stock' Android I love so much.... now, THAT might not only get my curiosity, but my attention, provided they put a big enough battery in the thing.

The siren's song of a firebreathing Nexus phone might be a tough thing to resist. But that has nothing to say about the merits of the G3... love this thing.

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I have no regrets at all. I had a GS4 and knew I didn't want the GS5 (too many bloatwares and features that I never use). While what HTC has been doing impresses me, the M8 just has too many "flaws" for what I want. I was concerned about the battery of the G3, but after about a month of use, I can definitely say battery life is great even with the gorgeous QHD display. The only negative point I have with the phone is that some apps aren't compatible with its QHD display.

I have been wanting to try an HTC phone and the M8 was close to what I wanted but the camera shortcomings and non removable battery were not negotiable. I always want to try out new manufacturers, so hopefully HTC will have a phone that suits my needs next go around. As for battery life, I picked up an external battery pack for peace of mind. I am curious as to what apps have you encountered that are not compatible? I downloaded the app "Waze" and was expecting problems, since I had read there were issues, but so far none.

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I couldn't care less about the Note 4 and it pretty much was exactly as I had expected it to be... basically an updated Note 3, which was a nice device, but I didn't want that one either. The Moto X did have my curiosity for a bit until the specs came to light. Now that it's released, no worries... it's a nice phone, but clearly a step down from the G3.

The elephant in the room, at least for me, is that mysterious Nexus phone (or phones).... will it be a 5.9" phablet, or a 5.2" beastmode phone, or will Google released BOTH? I'm all set with a 6" phone... nice but I'll pass. Though, if the 5.2" phone is as they say its going to be... 805/420 SOC, QHD 5.2" display, 13MP OIS'd shooter, with maybe a few other goodies, all running that buttery smooth 'stock' Android I love so much.... now, THAT might not only get my curiosity, but my attention, provided they put a big enough battery in the thing.

The siren's song of a firebreathing Nexus phone might be a tough thing to resist. But that has nothing to say about the merits of the G3... love this thing.
Sadly I do not have to worry about this thanks to "Big Red".
:(

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I have been wanting to try an HTC phone and the M8 was close to what I wanted but the camera shortcomings and non removable battery were not negotiable. I always want to try out new manufacturers, so hopefully HTC will have a phone that suits my needs next go around.

Same here. Had HTC included those things you mention, I would've given them a shot myself. Will they add those features with next years iterations?!...we shall see!

mpetruzz

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I had a Dec edition moto x and that was the only phone that may have made me switch from my g3. After seeing the pics from the release I feel pretty confident that the g3 is the best choice. If all manufacturers are going big why not get the beat screen and camera!!