How do I SIM unlock a T-Mobile G3?

tpd15

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
how to SIM unlock a T-Mobile G3?

Hi,

I just purchased a used T-Mobile G3 that I will be using on AT&T. Does anyone have any pointers on how to SIM unlock it? Is there a preferred method, or preferred supplied on eBay for unlock codes?

Thanks,
Toby.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: how to SIM unlock a T-Mobile G3?

I would contact T-Mobile and they should be able to provide you the unlock code -- especially if the phone is fully paid off.

tpd15

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

I would contact T-Mobile and they should be able to provide you the unlock code -- especially if the phone is fully paid off.

I hadn't thought of that, basically because why would T-Mobile help someone use one of their phones on another network?

Anyway, I went ahead and bought an unlock code off the web, but I can't seem to use it. Meaning, I put my AT&T SIM in the phone, start it up, and I'm NOT prompted to unlock the SIM. The phone fully starts up to Android homescreen, etc., but just says I can't make a call because it's "network locked". I can't find anywhere to to enter the unlock code. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Toby.

tpd15

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

I talked to a tech rep at T-Mobile just now and they won't deal with me because I don't have a T-Mo account... Doesn't surprise me, but it was a good suggestion. Anyway, I do have unlock codes (purchased) for it now, I just can't enter them!

joesf

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site

tpd15

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Hi Josef,

Thanks, that's exactly the method I used. I managed to find that method somewhere else right before going to bed last night, so I was able to sleep well ;)

Second annoying thing, I bought an unlock code from one source, and that eventually arrived 5 hours later, with no instructions. But a couple of hours after ordering it I gave up hope, and bought a code from somewhere else. The email with that code took about 20 hours (!) to arrive, despite their page saying it would take a maximum of 2 hours. Bah! At least it contained a range of instructions on different methods to unlock in addition to the basic one of putting in an alien SIM:

Method #1 Go to the dial screen and press “2945#*model number#”
for example if its a p999 you enter “2945#*999#” or if its a p990 you enter “2945#*990#” etc…
[so that's 851 for my T-Mobile phone.]

Method #2 to the dial screen and press 2945#*71001# as if making a call, enter code when prompted

Method #3 Go to the dial screen and press *#865625# as if making a call, enter code when prompted

I do find it strange that the phone didn't react to an alien SIM, but oh well, it's great that there's another way around it. All unlocked fine now.

joesf

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site

Good to hear you got it sorted.

Enjoy your G3:).

Posted via the Android Central App

Clarity102

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site

I am seeking for reliable code providers to unlock LG G3 handset and someone suggest safeunlockcode.com is it will be good to buy code from them? Any Idea?

wes_mcintosh

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site

Hi, I am also trying to use my unlock code for my LG G3 using the above methods however when going through the network lock option, rather than asking for the code, the message I get is:

'This phone is permanently locked and cannot be unlocked'

This is strange as I bought the phone new and have never applied any code

Can anyone assist?