Best Buy Blue Steel G3

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Anyone grab this one? Wondering if it's newer production models. As in possibly less issues than first batch lol

Posted via Android Central App

69Eliminator

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I just upgraded from the Galaxy S3 to the Blue Steel G3 from Best Buy 3 days ago. I was due for a phone upgrade on Verizon and due to the Black Friday specials, I was torn between the G3 and Samsung S5 since I could upgrade to either for a buck ($1.06 with tax for the phone). My wife already has the S5 so I opted to be different. I've been really pleased so far with its performance and battery life though I am not a heavy user of the phone. I guess time will tell.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I just upgraded from the Galaxy S3 to the Blue Steel G3 from Best Buy 3 days ago. I was due for a phone upgrade on Verizon and due to the Black Friday specials, I was torn between the G3 and Samsung S5 since I could upgrade to either for a buck ($1.06 with tax for the phone). My wife already has the S5 so I opted to be different. I've been really pleased so far with its performance and battery life though I am not a heavy user of the phone. I guess time will tell.

In your opinion, does it look purplish at all?

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
This is a good thought. Was going to grab a G3 from Amazon, but maybe going blue would be best (will use a case anyway).

Only thing I don't like and points to not being just dressed up black models us that the color is not carried over to the front (which is a shame I like the front on the white).

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
This is a good thought. Was going to grab a G3 from Amazon, but maybe going blue would be best (will use a case anyway).

Only thing I don't like and points to not being just dressed up black models us that the color is not carried over to the front (which is a shame I like the front on the white).

The front is blue also from pictures I've seen. Slick wraps is having a 50% off Sale tomorrow to fix that issue is you have it.

69Eliminator

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
In your opinion, does it look purplish at all?

Nope, doesn't look purplish at all to me. The Steel Blue description seems to fit. It's definitely blue, but a darker shade of blue (but not as dark as Navy Blue). It really doesn't matter since I bought a Seidio Dilex Pro case (blue) with holster so you really don't see the color. For me I guess it was more psychological knowing that my phone wasn't white or black. :)

69Eliminator

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
The front is blue also from pictures I've seen.

The front on mine is definitely black, not steel blue. My phone is on Verizon so don't know if that might change depending on the carrier. The Steel blue is to me a dark color so the blue appears "subtle" to my eyes so with the front being black doesn't bother me at all (it blends together nicely in my opinion). Since I have mine in a case, when the screen is off, it looks like the whole front of the phone is the screen. On the other hand, I am overdue for a eye exam. :)

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Good news is I saw the box says "manufactured 11/2014"

Bad news is that best buy can't seem to upgrade those who got the 20gb for 10gb price on AT&T. Fail.

Dawn B

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
I ordered the Blue Steel G3 on Thanksgiving and should get it tomorrow. I found a good looking clear case on Amazon I'm going to try first. I'm really excited. lol

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I did in store pickup. I didn't know VZW was going to go free of the G3 or I may have just done that, but tbh I really like the look of the blue. I am shopping cases, but a clear one might be in the cards. Maybe the Spigen clear bumper.

Dawn B

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I did in store pickup. I didn't know VZW was going to go free of the G3 or I may have just done that, but tbh I really like the look of the blue. I am shopping cases, but a clear one might be in the cards. Maybe the Spigen clear bumper.

I bought the Spigen Ultra Hybrid clear case. Haven't tried it yet because UPS is late. lol Figures they'd take all day since I want the damn phone NOW.

Jos P1

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Blue Steel is gorgeous

ONWBqaW.jpg

arvj

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Got 2 of these @bestbuy today.$1 for a 2yr Sprint, plus they give a $50 giftcard today only.They were upgrades.I think they are letting people upgrade early because one line was only a year old and I was eligible.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Picked mine up today on NEXT and got my $50 gc which I used to pay for the tax lol.

Love love loving it. Got the cheap best buy brand case while I wait for my Nillkin bumper from China. If I don't like it I'll get the Spigen air cushion.

Posted via the Android Central App

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
So my battery was on WiFi all night and i lost 0%. Still showed 100%. I have all the apps/email accounts i wanted installed and it syncs 24/7. Disabled all the AT&T apps that i could, all stock no root.

Happy so far!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress