Software Update - Still 4.4.2

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
My Verizon G3 said I had an update and I assumed it was to 5.0.1. Nope. Still on 4.4.2 and I didn't see any change log. Does anyone know what the purpose of this update was for? A 15 minute Internet query revealed nothing.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Because it's probably a minor update that amounts to something like 4.4.2.0.0.0.1 to 4.4.2.0.0.0.2. It happens all the time - some minor bug that annoys some people no end, but most people don't ever notice it. But, while they're in there modifying something, they see the bug, fix it in the existing version and send out an update without changing the number. (The baseband version may have changed, though.)

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Because it's probably a minor update that amounts to something like 4.4.2.0.0.0.1 to 4.4.2.0.0.0.2. It happens all the time - some minor bug that annoys some people no end, but most people don't ever notice it. But, while they're in there modifying something, they see the bug, fix it in the existing version and send out an update without changing the number. (The baseband version may have changed, though.)

I figured it might be a patch or fix. Ironically, the quality of my calls have been worse since the update. Thanks!

Posted via the Android Central App

jmr7192

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Check Advanced Calling in the Settings menu. This was added with the update and may be affecting your call quality.

Posted via Android Central App

Decon1

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Check Advanced Calling in the Settings menu. This was added with the update and may be affecting your call quality.

Posted via Android Central App

Advanced calling is awesome when talking to another Advanced calling user. If not...call quality is a bit degradated. Too bad as not that many people have phones that support it. When talking to another user with Advanced calling it is amazing audio quality and the skype type camera in advanced calling is excellent. The audio really pops when using the speaker. Very nice.

On my G3 the update fixed the video camera crash when zooming and also it appears to have fixed the mic problems of the 'left-ear' talker. So far I don't have to worry about the way I hold the phone to my left ear. Two nice things to have fixed.
Decon

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
New LG G3 bought last night does not show the most recent update mentioned here

Sent using my Verizon Turbo charged 64GB Ballistic Nylon phone unfortunately with a case on back

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress