face recognition

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to AC and the G3 forum.

Isn't it under Settings, Display, Lock Screen, Select Screen Lock? I don't see the option there myself but then I'm already using another locking method.

Posted via the Android Central App

dannyboy1980

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
I've got the same thing going on. WTF? That's a really nice feature on this phone, and it worked so well... I really hate these rollouts with no easy way to rollback when they don't work. I mean seriously, put more control in the consumers hands (you know, the people that actually have to use the thing every day).

Rayfire

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Just recently upgraded to Lollipop on LG G3 smartphone. It killed face recognition to unlock the phone.
Option for face detection under Settings vanished too.
Any solution available ?
Go Settings then Phone, Security. Enable Smart Lock

Then go back to settings, Lock screen, select Smart Lock. Enable face recognition.

matty032

Trusted Member
Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, on my Verizon G3, the option for face unlock is gone after the Lollipop upgrade. I never even got a chance to try it out.

shanen

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I also have a Samsung and am also unable to find the face recognition feature for unlocking the phone after the (surprise) Lollipop upgrade. It wasn't really that secure, but it was convenient and I liked it.

My own feeling is that the security should be multi-modal and different people should pick what they like. The diversity would make it harder for large-scale cracks. My own choice (if only I had that freedom) would be two keys: (1) Recognizing my face, and (2) Challenge response on my voice, by showing me some numbers or a word to read back to the phone.

Being forced back to the even less secure PIN or up to the tedious password feels like a significant downgrade.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ugo