Why can't I make/receive or make calls or texts after disabling Google Voice on Sprint?

Niquole Abram

May 7, 2014
Visit site
Okay, not sure if I'm putting this in the right spot but here it goes. I have an LG G3 and I was having some issues with the audio jack on it. I contacted LG and they said that since it is still under warranty I can mail it out to them, but my phone will be away for at least a week. I get called frequently from my work and thought if I set up Google Voice on it perhaps I would be able to at least receive messages on our Samsung Tab S 10.5. I went to Google Voice and set it up using my existing number with the Google Voice on Sprint.

It went through no problem, I was able to verify the phone and everything. Thing is, my fiance and I share the same tablet and when I looked at the call forwarding email, I realized it was to my fiance's email and not to me. I had accidentally signed up for Google Voice for my phone under his email account. So I went to disable Google Voice on Sprint after waiting 15 minutes or so for all the services to fully implement and tried to set it up under my email. I got to the verifying the phone number part, hit call me now, and nothing would go through. I tried several times and still nothing. I tried making a call from my phone and it says "we could not complete your call, please try again".

I called Sprint and explained everything to them. We went through several steps of resetting and reactivating the phone and still nothing. Whenever somebody tries to call me they get the same message "we could not complete your call, please try again." It shows that I'm connected to the network service no problem on Sprint's end and that something with Google Voice is locking me out. What am I supposed to do? I've gone through both my fiance's and my account and removed all traces of my phone number, hoping that I would be able to reset it but still nothing.

Both accounts for Google Voice say that we need to get a Google number and that there is no number associated with either accounts. I really don't know what to do as my phone is doing the lights on nobody home sort of thing. I can still use the internet with wifi no problem and can even use the mobile data to do searches on the Internet, I just can't make or receive calls or messages

Last edited:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Okay, not sure if I'm putting this in the right spot but here it goes. I have an LG G3 and I was having some issues with the audio jack on it. I contacted LG and they said that since it is still under warranty I can mail it out to them, but my phone will be away for at least a week. I get called frequently from my work and thought if I set up Google Voice on it perhaps I would be able to at least receive messages on our Samsung Tab S 10.5. I went to Google Voice and set it up using my existing number with the Google Voice on Sprint.

It went through no problem, I was able to verify the phone and everything. Thing is, my fiance and I share the same tablet and when I looked at the call forwarding email, I realized it was to my fiance's email and not to me. I had accidentally signed up for Google Voice for my phone under his email account. So I went to disable Google Voice on Sprint after waiting 15 minutes or so for all the services to fully implement and tried to set it up under my email. I got to the verifying the phone number part, hit call me now, and nothing would go through. I tried several times and still nothing. I tried making a call from my phone and it says "we could not complete your call, please try again".

I called Sprint and explained everything to them. We went through several steps of resetting and reactivating the phone and still nothing. Whenever somebody tries to call me they get the same message "we could not complete your call, please try again." It shows that I'm connected to the network service no problem on Sprint's end and that something with Google Voice is locking me out. What am I supposed to do? I've gone through both my fiance's and my account and removed all traces of my phone number, hoping that I would be able to reset it but still nothing.

Both accounts for Google Voice say that we need to get a Google number and that there is no number associated with either accounts. I really don't know what to do as my phone is doing the lights on nobody home sort of thing. I can still use the internet with wifi no problem and can even use the mobile data to do searches on the Internet, I just can't make or receive calls or messages
After disabling your Google Voice account, go into system settings of the phone and update the profile and PRL. See if that helps re-establish your network connect with Sprint.

System Settings > Wireless & Networks > Carrier Settings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress