Why isn't email nor gmail being announced

iloz

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I am not really sure,but since I updated my LG G3to Android 5.0 my email nor my gmail is not being announced with a sound warning like it used to in KitKat on the Notification Board.All other type of notes come through with a sound but not my emails or gmails.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you seeing any email notification icons at all in the notification bar? Do you have Priority Notifications turned on?

iloz

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Yes,I can see a tiny email icon in the Notification bar but no sound alerting me that I got mail.( thats a email icon,no gmail icon if that arrives,I use both )

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does it work if you change Priority Notifications to All Notifications?

Also, open the Gmail app, swipe in from the left, tap Settings, then tap your Google account. Under "Inbox sound & vibrate," tap Sound and make sure an actual sound is set, and that it isn't set to Silent.

iloz

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your help.I have tried your suggestions but sadly without success.Notifications are set to all,but with the Gmail app.Version 5.0.1 I can't see anything that would lead me to " Inbox Sound & vibrate".When the app. opens up I can't even see a Settings sign.Lots of specs. but no Settings.Explanations of different Permissions,Storage,Cache,Force stop,Uninstall updates,Disable and Show notifications marked.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
No, you're looking at the app info in the app manager. Open the Gmail app as if you were going to use it, then swipe in from the left and tap Settings. Then tap your Google account, and the look for that notification setting.

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.