How do you deactivate G3's 9-1-1 shortcut of pressing al 3 buttons on back at same time?

Pierce Emata

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
I have a G3 with the latest OS, from TMobile. Tmobile doesn't have a clue how to fix this and LG support simply said they're escalating it to the next support tier, but no response yet. When I, or rather, my phone in my pocket presses ALL 3 BUTTONS on the back SIMULTANEOUSLY, it brings up an Emergency Call screen, that gives you the option of actually dialing it by pressing the power button or either volume button on the back, or you can press the green phone icon to call them. It seems like since the OS update a couple months ago, this phenomenon has happened, and the phone's actually pocket dialed 911 accidentally a number of times since May.

Tmobile had me remove the phone icon from the initial turn-on screen (I don't use a lock code), so that the icon wouldn't be accidentally pressed, but of course that's not the answer. Although buying a 'pocketbook' model of phone case could take care of it, I don't want to, because it's too inconvenient when I need to answer calls.

Can anyone weigh in whether this is a Lollipop function that happens to work that way on the G3, i.e power, and both vol buttons being pressed at the same time? Help - I don't want to keep pocketdialing 911! Any help is gratefully appreciated.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Eventually the police will get fed up with fake calls and come to you, which you can direct them to T-Mobile and the irresponsible coding and design. It should get fixed very quickly. :)

In all seriousness, it sounds like something that is baked in and not capable of being removed without root access. You could flash back to a stock firmware and wait for the feature to be modified and updated.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty