Boot loop not to do with battery?

Stu Lane

May 1, 2016
Visit site
Hi. My lg g3 In the last few days has also been suffering from this boot loop that everyone talks about. But im wondering if its nothing to do with a battery issue. The only reason im saying that is my phone doesnt randomly restart when im in my house and phone is connected to wifi. But a couple of times now i have left the range of the wifi and it makes my phone constantly restart. I walked to the cinema yesterday. My phone spent the entire journey restarting. Then when i was in the cinema it didnt restart for the whole duration i was there. Almost 3 hours. Then walking home constant rebooting again. And now im at home on the wifi it hasnt rebooted in almost 24 hrs which leads me to believe its something signal related instead. Any help or feedback would be great

Last edited:

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi! Maybe it could be your battery, or, like you are thinking, a network connection issue... Does your phone still restart like this when you have your Wi-Fi turned off, but you are still at home?

How long have you had the phone? My Nexus 5, when it was in a low-signal area, would try really hard to get coverage; and so the battery would take a hit. When my G3 was experiencing a different battery issue (it would stall on a charge), I was told to do a factory reset to see what happened. Try wiping your G3 with a factory reset; and if the problem still persists, perhaps send LG an email (I did this too and they responded fairly quickly - within a few hours!).

Also: have you updated to the latest software?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
It could still be the battery. The above recommended factory reset will fix the issue if it's not battery related. So give that a try first then go from there with a battery replacement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa