Screen timeout function won't change

steve6477

Dec 5, 2016
Visit site
I have a LG G3 Vigor, running Android 4.4.2. (Already did the update check, it says it's up to date.)

My screen times out at 30 seconds. I've tried other settings up to three minutes just to see if it will take. Whatever I click on, the screen immediately goes back to the settings page. It reads the new setting and will time out at the new rate. After that, it's back to 30 seconds (the default).

Note that on the Settings page, the Screen Timeout option is only visible in tabs. Under List, I don't see the option at all.

Counting my blessings, it's the only issue I seem to be having. Anything else I can try to fix this?

steve6477

Dec 5, 2016
Visit site
I just tried it. I clicked on 1 Minute and it read that on the Settings screen. I closed it, touched the power button to go dark. When I touched the button again to wake it up, it had reset itself to 30 seconds.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, I don't think Sprint has anything similar. You could try LG Bridge, but I'm not sure if you can repair the firmware with it. If it does let you install firmware, it might wipe data as well.

steve6477

Dec 5, 2016
Visit site
So just uninstall most recent stuff by trial and error? Shouldn't be too hard, I haven't added a lot in a while. Just afraid I'll lose something I like.

Thanks.

Just warning about Safe Mode was worth the contact.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress