G4 Sound Quality?

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone recommend really good Bluetooth in-ear (earbud) headphones? All the ones I see on Amazon get decent but not great ratings, and all of those I've tried keep falling out of my ears.

Posted via the Android Central App

I got the QY7's for the gym and they're FANTASTIC!! They have QC issues though so buy 2 or 3 if you can and pick the best sounding pair.

oldschoolsig

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone recommend really good Bluetooth in-ear (earbud) headphones? All the ones I see on Amazon get decent but not great ratings, and all of those I've tried keep falling out of my ears.

If you are willing to spend big bucks,nothing is better than jaybirds bluebuds. The sound is crazy good.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

AngrySK

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site

I have jaybirds and they are awesome. Also have the backbeat pros which are great and have awesome battery life. But you are better off if you spend over 100 bucks on a pair.

Posted on my Moto X that is prob being charged as we speak...

Peter Venkman

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, guys. I tried the Jaybirds a while back and think I had problems with them. Maybe I'll pick up another pair. The Mpow are along the same lines though I'd rather have controls on the wire than on the earpieces; whenever I push for volume or track, it digs into my ear and that just ain't cool.

AngrySK

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, guys. I tried the Jaybirds a while back and think I had problems with them. Maybe I'll pick up another pair. The Mpow are along the same lines though I'd rather have controls on the wire than on the earpieces; whenever I push for volume or track, it digs into my ear and that just ain't cool.

Try the back beat go 2's. And if you get them get the charging case. 2 hours per charge but 3 full charges from the case. Not a bad setup either and the controls are on the cord and not the ear buds. They are my choice for riding the train and jaybirds for the gym.

AngrySK

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I hear good things about the jaybirds. But I'm still not sure if BT is good enough yet for music.

Depends on how you listen to music. I wouldn't use Bluetooth with a HiFi system but with a cell phone running most streaming or music player it is the same as a head phone jack.

oldschoolsig

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site

Make sure it was the jaybirds bluebuds..there was a cheaper version that aren't all that. The bluebuds are superior to any other I've seen and their customer service is terrific.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

NannerAirCraft

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site

Well with the Mpow the controls aren't facing your ear so when you push them the ear buds don't go into your ear. They're on the sides so they don't push inwards. Although they don't have a skip forward or backwards button only volume buttons and an answer call/play/pause button.

anon(9100026)

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
This thread has gone to a different direction (albeit useful for BT enthusiasts). Has anybody managed to get a conclusive remark or simply a review on how the DAC sounds through earphones? Is it any better than G3 or on par with S6/Edges etc?

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm reviving this old thread since the G4 is out in the wild!

Any opinions on the G4 sound quality? G4 vs. G3 or G4 vs. iPhone 6 or S6? Do you use the G4 with an auto sound system via aux? Has the G3 sound problem been resolved?

I've compared the sound G4 vs. G3 and honestly can't say which I prefer. The G3 might have more high end/sibilance but it is subtle if anything, and easily adjusted with equalizer.

Also, any info on what sound processor is used?

bjax21

May 27, 2015
Visit site
I'm reviving this old thread since the G4 is out in the wild!

Any opinions on the G4 sound quality? G4 vs. G3 or G4 vs. iPhone 6 or S6? Do you use the G4 with an auto sound system via aux? Has the G3 sound problem[/URL] been resolved?

I've compared the sound G4 vs. G3 and honestly can't say which I prefer. The G3 might have more high end/sibilance but it is subtle if anything, and easily adjusted with equalizer.

Also, any info on what sound processor is used?

I'm also very interested in this info!

way2broke

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Sound for wired headphones and Bluetooth is very important to me as well. I have been waiting for a review on this subject. Hard to break away from HTC and their speakers..... But I wish to try the LG G4, just don't want to do the whole try it out and return thing. **for those folks wanting very good sounding bt headphones, try Motorola Buds. Sound very very good. And they less that $100.00.

Vishal Dasari

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site

For best bt iem I recommend plantronics Back beat go 2 or Jay bird blue buds x.

mc4nam

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
My sound quality review is based on the G4 speaker itself. Not connected to headphones or Bluetooth. The only recent reference I have is versus my old G2. The G4 speaker blows the G2 away in my opinion. It goes way louder and sounds much cleaner and deeper. Deeper could be because the G2 was bottom firing and the G4 is back firing. The deepness of a speaker can increase because it is down firing. I have tried it facing up and it sounds better down firing in my opinion as well.

Just as a reference on how I listen to speaker is laying on a bench while taking a shower or on a counter while working. I am glad it sounds great because sometimes i just don't want to plug in headphones or hunt a bluetooth speaker.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress