LG G4 dead.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Just a quick reminder -- If you do not have anything nice to contribute to the thread then please do not post. No reason to attack other people for their opinion.

Thanks!

20degrees

Banned
Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Believe it or not my first G4 died like yours. It wouldn't charge or turn on. I had T-Mobile replace it. This new one seems to not get hot and runs smooth.

I'm sure yours has to have some kind of warranty.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Samsung USA is the same way, they will not honor a warranty for an international phone. While it is all Samsung, they are also different companies.

You might want to email LG UK and see if you can ship it there. For warranty, they might send you a free shipping label so you don't have to pay for shipping.

MC_A_DOT

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Why don't you just try to send it to LG for a repair? You won't be without a phone seeing as you already have a G3 plus you wont be that much out of pocket because you won the phone.

Congrats on your win and too bad on the dud.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I it is possible that it is indeed a European version as when I first set up the phone, it defaulted to the UK. Try contacting James or whoever sent you the phone, maybe they can assist.

Sent from my Verizon LG G4

bigslam123

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Too bad.....but I wouldn't let 1 bad phone be the sole impression of the device. Too many people who have had a experience like this taint their whole opinion on it.

Posted via the Android Central App from my HTC m8 till my LG g4 comes in.

Not to mention that this was a pre release model that had "not quite ready for primetime" software installed.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Had my LG G4 free from AC just over a week. It is no more. Many faults, overheating amongst others. Today the phone overheated, battery went from 99% to 61% in two minutes the phone died. The phone was roasting hot. Put a brand new battery in. No luck, phone dead, tried the usual resets. It's dead. I must have had a bad one. I can't complain as it was free. I am back to my LG G3. Goodbye LG G4 forum. My view on this phone? For me awful!!

Posted via the Android Central App

Well there are always a few lemons out of the millions they produce. I would try getting it replaced and see if the next one has the same issues. I mean I will gladly take it off your hands since it seems you no longer want it ;)

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
If I recall correctly, there were quite a few G3's upon release that got really hot. After some time we quit hearing about the overheating issue.
I agree that there will be a percentage of "duds", happens with all products.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
If I recall correctly, there were quite a few G3's upon release that got really hot. After some time we quit hearing about the overheating issue.

There were some G3's that got crazy hot - LG. Then there were power users playing games with the screen brightness on max. These problems are easy to spot, and assuming you get the phone with a warranty not much of a hassle.

I agree - the % of duds isn't out of line - based on forum comments. My G4 is running cool, that's for certain.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
So the OP hasn't been back? I'm interested in seeing if they contacted LG and what LG said. I think that is some info that is important to the community. If LG isn't helping, people need to know, if LG is willing to help, people need to know that also.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site

My first G3 (blue from Best Buy) didnt over heat but it did die on me as the OP G4 did. AT&T happily sent me a new one to replace it with. Hoping there is a warranty available for us USofA folks with the UK version

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
What's funny is seeing the many people who are now having the same issues. I'm not sure what is going on with the G4 but if this continues, they need a contingency plan to put us in a different phone.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Consumers would think that, but it won't be an option. Only option is replacement. Otherwise my old HTC one x, which was replaced twice for dying, would've been any other phone lol

Shahzad Ahmed1

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
My t mobile lg g4 h811 is completely dead after flashing h811 10H. I received official system update h81120o 2 days ago when I updated phone started malfunctioning , camera and incoming/Outgoing calls stopped working, booting was very very slow and Bubble worlds game was not working.
So to fix these problems I downgraded my lg g4 h81120o to h811 10n lollipop firmware but the issues were still there. So I decided to change the firmware version and tried to install h811 10H by using LG Flash-Tool-2014. Mobile was showing proper flashing indownload mode but on pc I saw ?????Lg h811??????. When Flashing process was on end my phone turned off. I tried my best to turn on my phone it didn't. No download mode and no response to charger etc. No lights no sound, I think it is completely dead.
Is there any one who could help me or guide me please?