Would LG camera app run if I was to install CM (at some point down the road)?

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I don't have my LG G4 yet (June 19 in Canada, yeah!), but I know I'll manual camera feature as well as the OIS, etc. of the camera. If I was, at some point, to install Cyanogenmod would the camera still operate the same? Do you think I'd be able to install the LG camera app? Maybe someone who installed CM on an LG G3 would have an answer?

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I don't have my LG G4 yet (June 19 in Canada, yeah!), but I know I'll manual camera feature as well as the OIS, etc. of the camera. If I was, at some point, to install Cyanogenmod would the camera still operate the same? Do you think I'd be able to install the LG camera app? Maybe someone who installed CM on an LG G3 would have an answer?

Don't take this as a definitive answer as times change and things advance.

However when I had my G3 and running cyanogen I couldn't instal the Lg camera app.

There was one that someone tried to port but wasn't fully functional.

Posted via the Android Central App

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
couldn't instal the Lg camera app

If that's the case, and I can understand why, would another camera app be able to take advantage of things like manual focus, OIS, ISO levels, etc., or is that stuff tied tightly to the LG camera app?

I'm not really looking for definitive answers, just wondering about general ideas at this point.

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
If that's the case, and I can understand why, would another camera app be able to take advantage of things like manual focus, OIS, ISO levels, etc., or is that stuff tied tightly to the LG camera app?

I'm not really looking for definitive answers, just wondering about general ideas at this point.

I think it's tied to the LG framework. I know all the people running CM and other AOSP ROMS on their G3's used Lenovo camera, but even that didn't have the same quality as stock. Close though.

Posted via my Rooted LG G3 running DeneROM.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I think it's tied to the LG framework. I know all the people running CM and other AOSP ROMS on their G3's used Lenovo camera, but even that didn't have the same quality as stock. Close though.

Posted via my Rooted LG G3 running DeneROM.

Oh yea forgot about the Lenovo and agree it was close but not quite.

But I without having developer knowledge believe like you mention a lot will be in the framework.

How easy it is to port to an ASOP ROM hmmm I would going by the G3 say difficult, more so now with what LG have done.

Posted via the Android Central App