Small AT&T update today June 8th

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I received a small AT&T update today on my G4. Don't have a clue what it was for. Anyone else get this update? It was about 46mb I believe.

Posted via the Android Central App

brancross

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Hope it will fix the lag on the screen.... I hate that. Now it looks a bit better....

Posted via the Android Central App

Strawdawg2013

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
AT&T Update

Downloaded a small update this morning. There was no changelog or other information included. It appears to me that it addressed the erratic double tap behavior when opening the screen. Since the update, the screen has responded every time to a double tap.

Ramsy

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Double tap now works 100% better. Prior to this, I was thinking my phone might be defective as double tapping to turn on the screen was very hit and miss.

frmorrison

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I read on one of the tech sites that this update was supposed to improve the touchscreen's performance. I don't recall the site's name.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I just got the update but wasn't given an option. I picked up the phone and saw a message that the update was successful. I guess I missed my 30 second window.

tlaswell

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
What was that update?

I hit the power button to turn my ATT phone on from asleep and it rebooted just as I saw a software update screen flash by. When it booted back up it said it was installing updates.

Now I am running Android 5.1, Kernal 3.10.49, Build LMY47D. What was it before? What kind of update doesn't ask for permission?

brewzer

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Re: What was that update?

There's a thread in here about it. It was a small update <30mb that was to improve the touchscreen performance. Apparently some people are having issues with the double tap to wake/sleep and this update fixes it.

tlaswell

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Somehow I missed the prompt. Turned the phone on and it immediately rebooted and updated. I thought the double tap to wake issue was because I was either tapping the wrong area or the phone wasn't in a solid enough hold. It seemed to work better (before update) when I held the phone solidly (or it sat on the desk) while I tapped and if I tapped about 1/3 of the way down the screen in the middle.