Anyone using a nexus 6 charger?

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I am and it is definitely not quick charging. It is actually charging slower than the stock charger. I plugged in 90 minutes ago at 8% and in only at 60% now and it is going up like 1% every five minutes or more. :(

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Not using Nexus 6 charger, but this Anker QC I'm using charges the phone quickly, but not supposed QC speeds. Forum user tourbound and I have posted about this in two or three threads now. For some reason, LG is keeping quiet about it when we reach out to them. The G4 doesn't appear to be accepting QC just yet, despite the chargers using the correct green light to indicate it is outputting the QC current.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
It just makes no sense why the nexus turbo charger would take 2x as long as the regular non turbo G4 charger.

I'm guessing the phone doesn't like some chargers for whatever reason. I have the Tenergy QC 2.0 charger and its about 10-20% faster than the stock charger that came with the G4. I also ordered a Samsung Rapid Charger and the phone read it as USB speed for some reason, I even tried 3 different cables and no change. Needless to say it got returned.

On XDA it was mentioned that heat might be a factor in why QC doesn't seem to be working as fast as the spec says it should so input voltage might be regulated to protect the battery.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm guessing the phone doesn't like some chargers for whatever reason. I have the Tenergy QC 2.0 charger and its about 10-20% faster than the stock charger that came with the G4. I also ordered a Samsung Rapid Charger and the phone read it as USB speed for some reason, I even tried 3 different cables and no change. Needless to say it got returned.

On XDA it was mentioned that heat might be a factor in why QC doesn't seem to be working as fast as the spec says it should so input voltage might be regulated to protect the battery.

This phone tries to "protect" me a little too much. Too much heat to properly charge my phone to the QC standard? Sheesh.
I can't even open Play Music and have it start the music at the volume I left it at (full volume, hooked up to my car's speakers); it automatically turns it down and tells me it is doing it to protect my hearing. Ugh.

So far these are my two biggest gripes with this phone, lol.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Did you log charging rate? Either way, perhaps the n6 charger doesn't work well with the g4. I have used the Anker, aukey,Samsung, and Verizon quick chargers and they all work ok. Around 35% in 30 minutes.

Sent from my Verizon LG G4

smashclash

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
What's the best option for charging when away from the stock charger? At the office I used to use a regular microusb cable plugged into my laptop. It charged my S3 slower than the wall charger but it did an adequate job. I plugged the G4 into the laptop cable yesterday and it did hardly anything.

Is there a better cable I can/should use that connects to the laptop or is it the charger itself?

I haven't tried my standard car charger with it yet. Hope that charges ok...

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Any 5v/2a wall or car charger will work similar to stock. The cable plugged into your laptop will charge very very slowly.

Sent from my Verizon LG G4

tnafe

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
I'm using the N6 plug but the LG cable and it's working great. I just plugged in at 55% and I'll be fully charged in about 45 minutes. I wasn't necessarily tracking so it's an estimate by looking at the battery chart.

RedOctobyr

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
Yeah I have that one at work. I haven't tried charging the G4 on it yet though.

I'd like to find out the results when you try it, and I'm guessing I'm not the only one.

I ordered a no-name eBay AC and car set of QC 2.0 chargers, before I heard about the charging speed issues. I'm concerned now about what to expect from mine.

Posted via the Android Central App

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to find out the results when you try it, and I'm guessing I'm not the only one.

I ordered a no-name eBay AC and car set of QC 2.0 chargers, before I heard about the charging speed issues. I'm concerned now about what to expect from mine.

Posted via the Android Central App
I'm going to use it tonight. I'll report back.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

Yeah I have that one at work. I haven't tried charging the G4 on it yet though.

That should work great. Seems to be very popular.

This is the one I've been using with my G4 since day 1.
I even clicked the link to make sure, and Amazon says "You purchased this item on ______".
The blue light will turn green indicating QC, but the phone doesn't QC.
I mean, it's a fast charge no doubt. It's nice. (by the way, the included cable is RIDICULOUSLY short and irritating)
But it's not "QC" speeds. :-/

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
This is the one I've been using with my G4 since day 1.
I even clicked the link to make sure, and Amazon says "You purchased this item on ______".
The blue light will turn green indicating QC, but the phone doesn't QC.
I mean, it's a fast charge no doubt. It's nice. (by the way, the included cable is RIDICULOUSLY short and irritating)
But it's not "QC" speeds. :-/

Luckily I bought it for work and the plug is on my desk .. so hopefully the short cord won't matter.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm charging mine right now using the Anker. The light is green. I plugged in 40 minutes ago at 18% and it's at 71% now. Seems pretty quick to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty