Got my aluminum bumper case.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
UPDATE:
After last night and a half day of use I decide to take the case off and keep going naked for now. Two reasons.

1. Since I have had the case in my phone this has happened 4 times. I pick it up and have a notification (say Instagram) I click on it and the apps is very slow loading pictures. I look up and I'm on phone. I use airplane mode (on than off) and phone goes back to 4G and stays as long as I'm using it. But still very annoying to pick up your phone and not be able to use it right. This hasn't happened without the case.

2. The sides of the case are straight, the feel is Ok but with the case on it makes the phone more slippery. I don't want a that's more slippery.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Well, it certainly looks nice. I hope that removing that bumper wouldn't be too hard.. after all, you still need to have access to the memory card and battery!
Since most of us are getting second batteries (even if we may rarely use them) definitely complicates the case purchase decision.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
So I ordered the aluminum bumper case from China off Amazon (five dollars and change including shipping). Comes is many colors, I got the black. Fits snug and I'm not sure the clasp would take me than one fall. Didn't take pictures before I installed it but have pictures with it on. The clasp was hard to close so not sure how often I will be taking it on and off. I don't think the case is pressing against the leather, doesn't seem like it anyway. Took pics with my G2.

UPDATE:
After last night and a half day of use I decide to take the case off and keep going naked for now. Two reasons.

1. Since I have had the case in my phone this has happened 4 times. I pick it up and have a notification (say Instagram) I click on it and the apps is very slow loading pictures. I look up and I'm on phone. I use airplane mode (on than off) and phone goes back to 4G and stays as long as I'm using it. But still very annoying to pick up your phone and not be able to use it right. This hasn't happened without the case.

2. The sides of the case are straight, the feel is Ok but with the case on it makes the phone more slippery. I don't want a that's more slippery.

Looks really nice but slippery would not work for me either no matter how good it looks!

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Post pics, but damn, $30? They are taking advantage cause there are no other bumpers out at the moment.

Yep, that's just the way it goes. Apparently the manufacturer of these is an LG OEM supplier do hopefully the quality matches that. I'm sure with some digging online could probably order straight from them for cheaper but then you are looking at 2-3 weeks shipping to save money.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I finally received mine today, it came from China, but as some of you already know I returned my G4 to T-Mobile on Saturday.

So if anybody is interested on the same bumper but in Gold, please drop me a PM.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Got my black one in today. I might like it more than the TPU/PC bumper I just got on Monday.

Attachments

• 1434573694703.jpg
    1434573694703.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 29

fgcchevy

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
I will get a plastic bumper when the price comes down. No way I'm paying $30 for a bumper worth no more than $10 max at retail! I know they get these things for pennies on the dollar from China. Js

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Received my aluminum bumper (frame) case from eBay today.
Had to take it off, went from 4 bars of 4G to 3G to 1x.....in about 10 minutes.
Completely blocks the signal.
Very disappointed because it looked and felt very nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress