Anker Quick Charge 2.0

robmom71

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
I just got the Anker Quick Charge 18w usb form Amazon and must say it is great value. $10 with a promo code (someone posted earlier this week) and with Prime I received it in 2 days.

I'm pretty happy with my purchase after 1 charge. My phone was at 5% and after 55 minutes I got back 90%.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 11443.jpg
    11443.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 93
  • 11444.jpg
    11444.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 92

RedOctobyr

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
Nice, glad you like it! I had ordered the Aukey QC 2.0 charger, before the Anker dropped to the same $10.

Your results are pretty impressive, 1.5%/minute. Not the 2%/minute that Qualcomm mentions in their QC 2.0 example, but i don't think anyone has hit that with a G4. I assume the screen was off, but the phone was powered up, during this?

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Nice, glad you like it! I had ordered the Aukey QC 2.0 charger, before the Anker dropped to the same $10.

Your results are pretty impressive, 1.5%/minute. Not the 2%/minute that Qualcomm mentions in their QC 2.0 example, but i don't think anyone has hit that with a G4. I assume the screen was off, but the phone was powered up, during this?

I am sure the 2% per min is probably due to charging to like 50% or 60% instead of 90%. When the battery starting to become full, it will switch to trickle charge. Usually the last 10 or 20% will take just as long to charge as the first 60 to 70%.

05GT

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Nice charger. Definitely love mine. Tempted to grab another just because.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Would you mind posting screenshots with battery monitor widget?

1.5%/min would be the absolute fastest that anyone has been able to achieve with the G4.

I've personally tried 4 different QC 2.0 chargers and they all max out at 1.2%/min. Even though the one I have now as free, I'd gladly pay for this one for a faster charge.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
same charger I've been using. It is definitely fast, but it never quite hit full QC 2.0 speeds for me, unfortunately, which I believe is a G4 limitation. Sux0rz. (do people remember "sux0rz"? That Romeo and Juliet, Bill Cosby flash animation or whatever it was? Or did I dream that...)

RedOctobyr

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
How do I use the battery widget?

Have it but can't find the speed or something

Posted via the Android Central App on My T-Mobile LG G4

It will show Charge Current (a useful # to know, and for comparison) on the first page (far-left tab, Status).

If you go into settings (gear icon), then Battery, the Monitoring, you can configure how it logs data. For instance, you can tell it to record data all the time, and you can set the "Recording Intverval". If you set the Interval to 1 or 2 minutes, for instance, it will frequently record your charge current, battery %, battery voltage, and battery temperature.

Then look in the History tab for a great look at the battery over time. When charging, you can scroll back through the list and see the charge current and battery % varying over time. And you can, of course, pick any two points in time and figure out how many minutes it took to charge a certain percentage, letting you figure out %-per-minute.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Battery monitor widget is excellent. For example I was charging while using navigation yesterday.

uploadfromtaptalk1435516818397.jpg

I would go by the percent increase more than the ma as that can sometimes be wrong.

Sent from my Verizon LG G4

RedOctobyr

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
Wow, your battery was getting pretty warm, as the phone continued decreasing the charge current down to about 90mA. I suppose at least you weren't actually discharging yet. But in 20 minutes, it wasn't able to increase the battery by even 1%.

I don't have enough experience with other phones to know whether a current Nexus, Galaxy, etc, actually meaningfully charge under these sorts of conditions. My Galaxy S3 does behave similarly in the car, barely managing to charge at all during navigation use.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Wow, your battery was getting pretty warm, as the phone continued decreasing the charge current down to about 90mA. I suppose at least you weren't actually discharging yet. But in 20 minutes, it wasn't able to increase the battery by even 1%.

I don't have enough experience with other phones to know whether a current Nexus, Galaxy, etc, actually meaningfully charge under these sorts of conditions. My Galaxy S3 does behave similarly in the car, barely managing to charge at all during navigation use.
I was using navigation. My note 4 under similar conditions would charge slowly and would run much cooler too. I should also point out that the g4 overheated to the point that it automatically made the screen super dim.

Sent from my Asus Zenfone 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38