Galaxy Note 9 Rapid Charge Issue............

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Been using an ANKER PowerDrive+ 2 With Quick Charge 3.0 car charger for approx 1+ years now and have had no issue with it rapid charging. The internal spring inside broke so I now needed to find a new one but unfortunately they no longer carry them at my local store and Amazon didn't have them either.

So I googled recommended chargers for the Note 9 and decided on the Anker Quick Charge 3.0 39W Dual USB Car Charger. Received it yesterday and plugged it in and right away it began to rapid charge. I was so happy. After 5 minutes I look to verify and it no longer says rapid charge instead just charging, 5 hrs until full. Unlplugged it and plugged it in several times, changing ports, cords, etc and it will not rapid charge and goes from 1hr 45 minutes until full to 5hrs+ until full.

Plugged the phone into the house factory brick and rapid charges fine. Also rapid charges fine on my portable Anker charger. I have tried the factory cable with the Anker car charger, I've tried Anker cords, etc.......Nothing

Rapid Charge is enabled. Have done a soft reset as well

Anyone have any other ideas to try??

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Contact Anker and ask for an RMA and a shipping label. It's either a bad design (in which case you'll need to choose a different one), or it's a bad unit (in which case, they'll replace it).

Anker is a solid company - but even solid companies have a bad product slip through once in a while. (And you are aware, are you not, that Rapid Charge stops at 80% charge and reverts to standard charge, right? That's an industry standard, not Anker - it's to prevent the battery from exploding.)

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Been using an ANKER PowerDrive+ 2 With Quick Charge 3.0 car charger for approx 1+ years now and have had no issue with it rapid charging. The internal spring inside broke so I now needed to find a new one but unfortunately they no longer carry them at my local store and Amazon didn't have them either.

So I googled recommended chargers for the Note 9 and decided on the Anker Quick Charge 3.0 39W Dual USB Car Charger. Received it yesterday and plugged it in and right away it began to rapid charge. I was so happy. After 5 minutes I look to verify and it no longer says rapid charge instead just charging, 5 hrs until full. Unlplugged it and plugged it in several times, changing ports, cords, etc and it will not rapid charge and goes from 1hr 45 minutes until full to 5hrs+ until full.

Plugged the phone into the house factory brick and rapid charges fine. Also rapid charges fine on my portable Anker charger. I have tried the factory cable with the Anker car charger, I've tried Anker cords, etc.......Nothing

Rapid Charge is enabled. Have done a soft reset as well

Anyone have any other ideas to try??
Hi, if you can register a account here , me or other members be happy to assist you.
I'll provide a link to register so you can communicate here.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html