LG G4 screen turning itself back on after timeout/lock.

Naicitrom

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
I've had the G4 since it was launched and until now been very pleased. A couple of days ago it started to turn the screen on by itself every time it timed out or I pressed the lock button... Unless it's plugged into a charger.
I've tried pulling the battery and uninstalling any recent apps I'd installed but to no avail.
Annoyingly, by the time I got myself to carphone warehouse to get it sorted I was just outside my 28 days.
Seen a lot of people having issues with the screen but can't find anyone having this exact problem. Anybody experiencing similar? Any thoughts? Cheers.

Last edited:

jules20

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I bought mine Thursday 7/2 and it had a software yesterday, I did it. Now the screen started going black and I have noticed that holding down the volume up key and power button I can get it to turn on but this takes me a while. The lights seem to be on from the notifications but the screen won't turn on just by pressing the power key. I read a forum where it said that it was the last software update that was pushed in. This is really annoying.

ultrazonerc

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Having the same issue here. I also fell outside my 28 days because i was too busy to sort it. LG have told me its a hardware issue and i have to post it to them. Nope not happening. I believe its the lock button trigger playing up, because double tapping the screen locks it and switches off like it should but using the lock button it sometimes turns back on. Anyone else figured it out? Im going to replace the ribbon setup and see if that fixes it

icstars989

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Count me in as well. It's annoying as hell, but I've learned to live with it. I'd say its about a 40% chance of it turning itself back immediately after I press the power button. I feel like a good solid press toward the upper part of the button works pretty well, light presses tend to trigger it for me.

ultrazonerc

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Having the same issue here. I also fell outside my 28 days because i was too busy to sort it. LG have told me its a hardware issue and i have to post it to them. Nope not happening. I believe its the lock button trigger playing up, because double tapping the screen locks it and switches off like it should but using the lock button it sometimes turns back on. Anyone else figured it out? Im going to replace the ribbon setup and see if that fixes it

Just wanted to update everyone. I received my volume board replacement. Was only $22 AUD. Fitted it last night and bingo the screen locks and stays off! I did notice however when going to remove the old "y shape" volume board there was what appeared to be a white hair across the lock button. I'm thinking it was triggering the button and turning the screen back on. Either way - YAY!